Crowded House -- What's the Deal w/it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggplant

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Why is the Crowded House ST DVD-Audio disc virtually unavailable?

I've seen it one or two at Tower Records (home of "List Price IS a discount to us" pricing) at the bargain price of $25.99. Otherwise, ZIP.
Best Buy, and even DVD Planet, DON'T EVEN LIST IT. And you wonder why regular folk scratch their heads over the format.

What go on here?

The EMI DVD-A's are a little more hard to come by now that I think of it. I don't know why. The Queensryche, Crowded House, and especially Richard Thompson are really good discs.

I've started noticing the more popular DVD-A's tend to sell fast and then suddenly everybody has them on backorder. I don't think anybody is doing a second run of DVD-A's that have been released.....they make a few thousand copies for the initial release, and won't do it again for awhile. There are several DVD-A's that I've looked at buying that everybody seems to have "on backorder" forever.

My buying habits have changed because of this. I used to wait to see if somebody would offer a DVD-A at a lesser price after the initial buying surge occurred. Now I don't bother waiting. If I want a particular DVD-A....I'll buy it within a week or two of it's release just to be on the safe side.

One place you can look for the harder to find DVD-A's is half.com. I've found several there that were on backorder everywhere else. You can also sometimes find a used DVD-A for sale on amazon.com, which is where I got my copy of the Eric Johnson discontinued DVD-A.

R8der

Back