Depeche Mode 101 in NA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
solaris said:
Hey saw this in a store in Canada. Has anybody heard this

It sounds pretty impressive in stereo (it's a new straight to DSD transfer of the original 1/2" master), but the surround is not a discrete mix - it was created using a K6 processor.

If you're a fan of the band or the album it's a worthwhile purchase, but not what you want if you're not into loud american audiences on loud albums, or if you have to have true discrete.

At least they've declared that there are going to be true 5.1 versions of some studio albums soon.

Patrick Cleasby said:
It sounds pretty impressive in stereo (it's a new straight to DSD transfer of the original 1/2" master), but the surround is not a discrete mix - it was created using a K6 processor.

If you're a fan of the band or the album it's a worthwhile purchase, but not what you want if you're not into loud american audiences on loud albums, or if you have to have true discrete.

At least they've declared that there are going to be true 5.1 versions of some studio albums soon.

That's kind of disturbing. I would assume this is on a major label (?), so why go the Silverline route? No thanks...

bizmopeen said:
That's kind of disturbing. I would assume this is on a major label (?), so why go the Silverline route? No thanks...

Well it's an indie in the UK (Mute), so budgets may be the reason. BTW As Depeche Mode are Reprise in the states, I expect Rhino to do a DVD-A of this at some point - it may not be able to feature the same "mix" so there's always hoping....!

Back