Depeche Mode SACD's and the 563a

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobou2

I have 2 CD/SACD's and the damn player is not reading the SACD layer:mad:
Anyone else with the 563a having problems??

I don't know about your player, but on my Denon 3910 you have to pre-select the layer you want to choose even before the SACD is read in.
Maybe this is the same for your player? Have you checked that the SACD Multichannle layer is pre-selected (the Denon has SACD Multichannel, SACD Stereo, and CD layer).
Best of luck,
Oliver

bobou2 said:
I have 2 CD/SACD's and the damn player is not reading the SACD layer:mad:
Anyone else with the 563a having problems??

I have NEVER had a problem with SACDs on this machine ... now DVD-Audio is another matter. As Oliver said, there is an Initial Setup screen that you will likely have to change to make it read the SACD layer first. It should default to SACD, but it could have gotten messed up. My DV-45A stopped reading the multichannel layer and I thought it was failing; but I got into the Initial Setup and that fixed the problem. Good luck, Mike.

No one with a 563a and DM?? Some SACD's like the Elton Johns and BIA take a few loadings before the SACD layer plays but I'm having no luck with DM. Well my player does take some abuse so it may be time to buy a new Uni.....

I have Violator and when loaded into my 563a it reads SACD. Sorry, seems like it is your player.

Hi!

Maybe your SACD is defect. I had the same problem with "music for the masses". My player, the Denon 1920 recognized the Disc only as a CDA.
I swaped the Disc with another "music for the masses" ..... since then .. ups everything is all right :banana:

I just ordered DM "Violator" and I have a 563a. My Elton John discs and Dire Straits play fine.

I've never had an SACD issue with this machine and no DVD-A issues since the firmware was updated.

danzigdan said:
I just ordered DM "Violator" and I have a 563a. My Elton John discs and Dire Straits play fine.

I've never had an SACD issue with this machine and no DVD-A issues since the firmware was updated.

My "Violator" SACD and DVD's play fine. for those who have problems with the 563A make sure you have the firmware update.

Back