Dream Theater - Breaking The Fourth Wall - Live From The Boston Opera House: Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneredcat

600 Club - QQ All-Star
killer price right now for those who dare! $14.88

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MUDYJ5W/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

image.jpg

http://www.dreamtheater.net/preorder

Product Description
On March 25th, 2014, Dream Theater performed at the Boston Opera House with very special guests from the Berklee College of Music orchestra and choir. Filmed and directed by Pierre and François Lamoureux, and mixed and mastered by Richard Chycki, Breaking The Fourth Wall (Live From The Boston Opera House) is over 2 hours in length, complete with special bonus features.
Bundle Includes:
Breaking the Fourth Wall Blu-Ray
'The Looking Glass' Digital MP3 Single
Release Date: September 30, 2014

Mixed by Chycki; damn! This will sound poor.

:mad:@: ugh! guess i need to wait for feedback instead of being the guinea pig!

Chycki did the HORRENDOUS, should be illegal Rush Blu Rays.

I will have a £5 bet with anyone willing, that the sound is bad.

If the dynamic range is immense and the general consensus is that it sounds great(both mix and mastering); I will send you £5 via paypal!

Chycki also did the excellent 5.1 mix on the last Dream Theater studio album

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the mix is good, although the fronts are compressed to hell. However that does not make up for 4 crappy sounding Rush concerts.

Chycki did the HORRENDOUS, should be illegal Rush Blu Rays.

I will have a £5 bet with anyone willing, that the sound is bad.

If the dynamic range is immense and the general consensus is that it sounds great(both mix and mastering); I will send you £5 via paypal!

sounds like a losing proposition to me! no need to spoil my great collection with an almost guarantied DUD!

We are all hopeful, of course. Miracles can happen.

yes...hopeful too since i happen to love the self titled studio album dvd-a...even tho compressed it still sounds surprisingly good to me. i don't have any of the Rush discs and will let someone else find out how this release fares...

As I predicted Chycki has butchered this! It is a disgrace. Please complain! Let him know this is unacceptable.

As I predicted Chycki has butchered this! It is a disgrace. Please complain! Let him know this is unacceptable.

what a damn shame...guess i can cross this off my list..oh well..leaves me more $$ for the GOOD ones...Tull War Child just got more affordable! thanks for the info...

what a damn shame...guess i can cross this off my list..oh well..leaves me more $$ for the GOOD ones...Tull War Child just got more affordable! thanks for the info...

A real shame and it seems other Amazon buyers agree with me. This is the 5th Blu Ray concert Mr Chycki has ruined! Some people blamed Alex for the Rush ones but clearly Chycki is too blame. He has done 1 great mix out of 11 surround titles thus far, none have great dynamics. I am sure some will defend him for some strange reason, but it is not acceptable and it is time people on here complained direct instead of just giving a poor review. Together we can make a change to the way these people approach their mixing.

A real shame and it seems other Amazon buyers agree with me. This is the 5th Blu Ray concert Mr Chycki has ruined! Some people blamed Alex for the Rush ones but clearly Chycki is too blame. He has done 1 great mix out of 11 surround titles thus far, none have great dynamics. I am sure some will defend him for some strange reason, but it is not acceptable and it is time people on here complained direct instead of just giving a poor review. Together we can make a change to the way these people approach their mixing.

i agree...hope this message reaches and encourages those who bought or listened to this. do you have a link of where to send a direct complaint? tho i haven't heard it..i would like to send them a message regarding the reason i won't buy it!

Back