DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I think that Sting album is not bad and what a bargain!
He does seem to use the odd jazz artist on his recordings , and Stevie Wonder appears on his DTS cd of A Brand New Day.

My favourite DTS CD is his Ten Summoner Tales , my favourite surround mix is on that one...."St Augustine In Hell" , what with narrator parts coming at you from different speakers.
I'd buy The Dream of the Blue Turtles and Soul Cages in a heartbeat on any surround format. IMO his best two albums, and yet do not exist in surround.

Actually I think that Sting album is not bad and what a bargain!
He does seem to use the odd jazz artist on his recordings , and Stevie Wonder appears on his DTS cd of A Brand New Day.

My favourite DTS CD is his Ten Summoner Tales , my favourite surround mix is on that one...."St Augustine In Hell" , what with narrator parts coming at you from different speakers.
It’s fantastic to read how much people are enjoying a lot of the DTS CD’s. All the engineers we used were most of the best, and always had artist involvement for approvals. Ten Summoner Tales was mixed by David Tickle, and Brand New Day by Elliot Scheiner. Both great mixes.

I'd buy The Dream of the Blue Turtles and Soul Cages in a heartbeat on any surround format. IMO his best two albums, and yet do not exist in surround.

Well ...Soul Cages is in a type of surround matrix , but 2 channel front wide stereo surround , via Qsound encoding.

It's too bad Sting didn’t have more of his albums in DTS CD. I'm still loving that format fwiw.

He does have 4 or 5 or 6,etc more , though not dts cd.

Sting - The Journey An The Labyrinth
Sting - Live In Berlin
Sting -The Last Ship
Sting - Bring On The Night
..all above DTS DVD ♤
Sting - The Soul Cages (DVDA/SACD)

...and I always include The Police-Every Breath You Take ..DTS CD , and SACD

Well ...Soul Cages is in a type of surround matrix , but 2 channel front wide stereo surround , via Qsound encoding.

It's too bad Sting didn’t have more of his albums in DTS CD. I'm still loving that format fwiw.

He does have 4 or 5 or 6,etc more , though not dts cd.

Sting - The Journey An The Labyrinth
Sting - Live In Berlin
Sting -The Last Ship
Sting - Bring On The Night
..all above DTS DVD ♤
Sting - The Soul Cages (DVDA/SACD)

...and I always include The Police-Every Breath You Take ..DTS CD , and SACD
I remember having a boxed/deluxe set of soul cages (maybe it was a live album?), I think it came with that qsound disc. It sounded good but can't say I noticed anything 'differnet' on the equipment I had.

Don't see any trace of soul cages on dvda or sacd selling recently on eBay, so mind as well not exist. lol I have a bootleg of the Police greatest hits dts-cd, that used to be on the shelf at the record store for years unsold. Now I wish I bought a dozen of them, or even one of them really. At least these are selling on eBay at reasonable prices.

I remember having a boxed/deluxe set of soul cages (maybe it was a live album?), I think it came with that qsound disc. It sounded good but can't say I noticed anything 'differnet' on the equipment I had.

Don't see any trace of soul cages on dvda or sacd selling recently on eBay, so mind as well not exist. lol I have a bootleg of the Police greatest hits dts-cd, that used to be on the shelf at the record store for years unsold. Now I wish I bought a dozen of them, or even one of them really. At least these are selling on eBay at reasonable prices.

My bad , Sting "Sacred Love" is the title that was on DVDA SACD . I have the DVDA .....but somehow I had Soul Cages stuck in my little grey matter.😩
So Not Soul Cages , ...sorry if I got your hopes up.

I never was aware about these dts CD's and never have seen one or noticed. But recently I bought lot's of CD's at flea markets and found following one stating as being a Dolby Surround CD:

Andreas Vollenweider - "BEHIND THE GARDENS - BEHIND THE WALLS UNDER THE TREE..."

Because of the different cover compared to the original release (I only could remember the LP cover) I thought it was a different version or compilation from him. After playing it on my system I could only hear it in stereo, unaware that I had to set my receiver to Dolby Surround or Dolby Pro Logic mode. That's what I found out later when I was doing a search on that via google and also realised that threads already existed in this forum.
Having had already ripped this Album from another CD to my Bluesound Vault I wanted to rip this also but didn't find a second copy on the hard drive. Reason was that I had got the Surround CD before without knowing it and do have 2 CD's of it now:D

I never was aware about these dts CD's and never have seen one or noticed. But recently I bought lot's of CD's

Well that's not unusual . I'm certain many people are unawares of the DTS CD system.
They came about very quickly but back in the latter 90's. I believe 96 is the start year , but I have just one from 95.
When they announced the titles in magazines such as Wide-screen Review , I waited a bit . But started buying them when Steely Dan's Gaucho was announced. Still I didn't have anything to play them on ...until I bought a DTS compatible DVD player and a DTS Digital Receiver. By then I probably had close to ten titles . That was back in 99.
In the early millennium, they started releasing DVDA , 99 or 2000, and mixed DTS CDS in the bins with them . Further confusing the surround shopper.
They dwindled to a trickel
about 2005 ?

I had a several DTS-CD's before I had any DVDA/SACD. I think the first DVDA was Harvest, and the first SACD' s were the Moody Blues set, which prompted me to buy a couple of refurb Samsung disc players, the 841 and the 941. Still have the 841 boxed up. Eventually I started buying Oppo's.

I want to say Fly Like An Eagle was my first DTS-CD but can't state with certainty. I collected a few Miller/Mofi DTS-CD's back when.

Yes , I too was enamoured with the DTS release ,Steve Miller- Fly Like An Eagle
as it was only previously made in Quad Eight track back in 76. A must own .
That was my second disc purchase, and I concentrated on obtaining any of the previously Q8 DTS titles , such as The Moody Blues , and Paul McCartney/Wings and other quads such as Eric Clapton , and Santana Abraxis.

I should mention that titles in DTS CD are still being made , occasionally, but not any of the prior 70's quad disc's, I'm afraid...which is too bad as I'd buy them.

So currently I think Gary Havillary has a few , and maybe a few others on bandcamp.

Another reason for me not knowing about those CD's actually was that I stuck with LP's till around 2000 and then sold almost all of my stuff. Then started again a couple of years ago when I got aware of multi channel music and also started buying my first couple of stereo CD's. So all the various developments around this medium came not to my attention.

Back