DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received a promo-only copy of Amin Bhatia's "The Interstellar Suite" The promo is a DTS-Audio disc with a startling 5.1 mix. Dare I say....."Stellar"! Amin has been having difficulty on getting this release out on the preferred Blu-ray format but even at this fidelity of 96\24 it is outstanding...

Work continues in the packaging and presentation of the finished product; but for now, he's certainly on the right track...

Waiting patiently for this one and its worth waiting for the best quality of sound.

51b--NKC1DL.jpg

This has got to be one of the best surround disks I've picked up in a long time. Thanks LK, really enjoying this one.

I've given this one listen so far and the surround mixes were great but I wasn't entirely in the mood for the style of music that evening.. I'll give it another shot over the weekend. Either way I too am grateful to Mike for the recommendation (y)

Actually not bad...

Quite enjoying it... I'll have to chase down the other 2 he's done...

I've given this one listen so far and the surround mixes were great but I wasn't entirely in the mood for the style of music that evening.. I'll give it another shot over the weekend. Either way I too am grateful to Mike for the recommendation (y)

Yes, it does start with some strong beats that I wondered about, but then the counter rhythms from the bass and vocals give the music a quality that makes it thoroughly enjoyable for me. Reading a little about Hellmut Hattler ... he's been playing jazz and bass since the 60's and was 53 when this album was recorded.

Do give it another chance when you are in a jazz/dance groove sort of mood. :)

Yes, it does start with some strong beats that I wondered about, but then the counter rhythms from the bass and vocals give the music a quality that makes it thoroughly enjoyable for me. Reading a little about Hellmut Hattler ... he's been playing jazz and bass since the 60's and was 53 when this album was recorded.

Thanks for the background info on Herr Hattler (y) I'll be sure to give it another crack of the whip soon :)

Agreed!

I had a similar experience... On the surface its plain old "doof doof" music, but its got more to it than that....

Nice mix too...

Sting-Brand New Day
Stephen Stills-Stills
Eric Clapton-There's one in every crowd
Edgar Winter-Jasmine Night Dreams

Great job! :D Two of my all-time favourite Quads there! (y)

The TOIEC Clapton Quad>DTS CD sounds gorgeous and the mix really opens up a pretty patchy album (especially compared to 461 OB its weak) but I have a soft spot for the record and really the Quad ups the interest level significantly from the very ordinary sounding stereo..

..oh and the Edgar Winter.. what a Quad mix!! the last 3 tracks (sort of form one long instrumental suite) have some of the most crazily intense round the room pans you'll ever hear in a surround music mix! Awesome! :yikes

Back