dts into mp3's, is it done?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 320 MP3 file turned back into a WAV file (1536 as opposed to 320) is still only going to have 20% of the information the WAV file originally had.
Plus, the DTS file is also lossy compression too.
So what you would be doing is throwing away information to get the DTS file, Then throwing away more to get the MP3.
The quality drop will be ugly.

One of the biggest cons ever pulled by the industry is the lie that you can throw away large amounts of your musical information and it does not matter. It does.

An MP3 at 320 is a loss of 80% of the original musical information.
A 4 minute WAV at 49Mb turns into 10Mb at MP3 320.
This is now gone for good - it cannot be recovered.

...is join a peer-2-peer network and see if there are any dts CD images out there. Apparently I'm led to believe that searches like "quad to DTS" or "DTS 5.1" are the words one should use. If anything is found you could possibly burn a CD from the iso image and play it back through a normal DTS system.

Allegedly.

I haven't noticed any albums in quad - such as Jimi Hendrix, The Cure, Jethro Tull, Earth wind & fire, Jean Michel Jarre, Nillson, John Lennon, etc.

If only I had a computer and knew what to do....

Not condoning this at all - no way, Jose. Just wish the companies would release all those SQ/QS/CD4/UD4/Q8 goddies in store. What price a nice SACD of Simon & Garf's "Bridge over troubled water" rather than a DTS mix....

Not that i've ever seen a DTS mix on Limewire....not today anyway... :alienrob:

H

Back