DVD-A Updates; Need Classical or?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Include Classical titles in DVD-A updates?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Upon suggestion, I've made new additions more obvious. NEW listing are shown in blue.

Also wondering if anyone would object if classical titles were listed separately or dropped altogether? My knowledge on the subject is pedestrian and I have a lower interest level as well.

What say all of you?

I'm interested in ANYTHING that becomes available! Of course, classical is at the bottom of my list, so if its too much work for not enough appreciation, I can certainly appreciate that.

The thing about classical is that there are 400 versions of the same thing. I mean, once in a while I like to crank Beethoven's 9th, but I am not the kind of guy to go out and buy every version of the piece to find the best. I mean, they all sound goo to me.

:-jon

Exactly! I find it difficult to tell versions apart or get very excited.

Had one chap inform me about some titles already available but he did so in such a manner as to question my abilities...:(

So if someone is really a classical expert who'd like the classical DVD-A task, fine with me.

I have found that some of the finest new releases in DVD-A have been classical works: i.e. Tacet, MDG, AIX. They are the ones I listen to over and over again, and I believe that promoting them, and other new works is in the best interest of promoting DVD-A. Warner did some nice work early on, but seem to have stopped, while the smaller labels are doing wonderful work.

This is a hard one for me, while not a big fan of classical, I do love choral (anything by Trinity College Caimbridge).

We can get most of the classical info from sites like HighFidelityReview.com though.

timbre4 said:
Also wondering if anyone would object if classical titles were listed separately or dropped altogether?

I tend to listen to classical more than anything else.
My one problem with DVD-A is that there are not yet enough classical titles to warrant purchasing a DVD-A player.

I think it would be nice to still keep listing the classical titles, albeit separately.

Moving the Classical titles to a separate area or new thread is something I'm thinking about. Just extended the voting a bit so if anyone still wants to get a word in please do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back