Dylan in Quad

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamsindarke

I just watched, and thoroughly enjoyed, the new Rolling Thunder Revue movie (after spending much of the last few weeks playing through the box set), and now I'm listening to the quad Desire - one of my favorite quad albums ever.

I'm wondering, though - what of the quad Planet Waves and Nashville Skyline? I've never heard either, but I think maybe I ought to. I'd love to hear what you all think of them?

Hope you do - that's the one I'm most interested in!

In advance of the poll, I can't resist saying that if you like the album, you must hear it. It was a discrete CD-4 LP and Q8 Tape back in the heyday. Some don't like the mix; it is very involving in an old school quad kind of way. Some don't like the album itself. I've grown weary of Forever Young over the years, but other songs, even though throwaways in the Dylan "big picture", have a grit and rawness (with the Band) that I return to again and again.đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť

"Dirge" and "Going Going Gone" are two of my all time favorite Dylan songs. I agree with you on "Forever Young," though, and I'm back and forth on "On a Night Like This."

In advance of the poll, I can't resist saying that if you like the album, you must hear it. It was a discrete CD-4 LP and Q8 Tape back in the heyday. Some don't like the mix; it is very involving in an old school quad kind of way.

Glad to hear it's a good one, I'm still looking for a copy myself. All the Asylum CD-4's I've heard (both Joni Mitchell's, both Eagles, Jackson Browne) have excellent mixes - they'd make killer reissues from Rhino.

It's really a shame Sony couldn't be bothered to include the quad mixes when they issued all three albums on SACD years ago. I suspect AF may have been planning a release of the Nashville Skyline quad as they included "Lay Lady Lay" on their Collection disc.

Back