ELP - ELP (S/T) DVD-A Discussion (Not related to Poll evaluation)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "graph" showing the poll results is pretty poorly designed. Is there anyway to make it more up to date technology-wise? Then again, I still watch the Flintstones.

If you don't like it, ask for your money back.

Oh wait.

I have spoken with two other BIG ELP fans and we three have all agreed that the Rhino version is better..period.
I have said that both versions have their strong points but overall, we have agreed that the Rhino version is preferred.
Overall, we three KINGS have agreed that the new releases are not what we expected to hear and also previous Steven Wilson mixes were fantastic but his treatment of the ELP releases are not his best...period.
Any challenges to my opinion are welcome.

tarkusnj,

Your opinion and your friends opinions are valid and equal to anyone elses opinion, including mine. I like the new version better. Just because you are an ELP freak and are 'tarkusnj' does not make your opinion the definative one. We all know you dislike these discs and I suggest you put them on eBay if you don't like them that much.

As of now, most forum members disagree with you, so let it go.

And what's with this 'KINGS' crap?

tarkusnj,

Your opinion and your friends opinions are valid and equal to anyone elses opinion, including mine. I like the new version better. Just because you are an ELP freak and are 'tarkusnj' does not make your opinion the definative one. We all know you dislike these discs and I suggest you put them on eBay if you don't like them that much.

As of now, most forum members disagree with you, so let it go.

And what's with this 'KINGS' crap?
I accept anyone's opinion on these versions, that is what these forums are for. But we will see what happens next...

Do you even read your own posts?
Do I read my own posts?
Do you know if I actually compose them?
Why are you questioning my posts?
If I am composing these "posts" and you do not like what I have to say,or disagree with them, then please voice your like or dislike with them in detail.

Does anyone here want to contact me DIRECTLY? Send me a message and I will call you wherever you are and explain myself.
I may be the Court Jester here but I may be the KING one day

HEY! EVERYBODY! Let's take it down a notch, OK? We all have our own opinions. EVERY opinion has merit. No opinion is right, no opinion is wrong.

One thing for sure about the internet is there are always people who want everyone to have their opinion or none. We don't want that here, and I'm not saying it's like that here, but we can't put down people who have opposing opinions, otherwise we're stooping to the level of other things going on in the world far more serious than a rare DVD-Audio release from Sony!

There are many "high brow" places on the internet for people and music bashing, let's keep this place peaceful. tarkusnj obviously loves this music dearly and had very high expectations that were missed. You cannot kill him for that. If he comes off harsh, well, maybe it can be perceived that way, but let's keep it friendly.

OK? :)

There are many "high brow" places on the internet for people and music bashing, let's keep this place peaceful. tarkusnj obviously loves this music dearly and had very high expectations that were missed. You cannot kill him for that. If he comes off harsh, well, maybe it can be perceived that way, but let's keep it friendly.

OK? :)

Jon, you understand what I am saying, I don't intend to be "uppity" but I seem to come off that way ( not the first time!). And yes, I love this music "dearly" and am only voicing my opinions here.
And yes, my expectations of these releases was surely higher and so why should anyone on here bash me for that?
I never posted comments on other Steven Wilson's mixes because I had no complaints but I do now with these releases.
My asking SW to contact me was serious and why am I wrong, delusional, arrogant, etc for that?
I may have some valuable input as I am sure many of you also have. Surround mixes are SUPPOSED to be fun!
I have already said I will do what I can to make the next batch more exciting and that is what we all want which is why we are so fanatical about our surround music and have this forum to discuss it.

I am working on it. But please don't label me as delusional, arrogant or any other derogatory term you can slap on me...I am just a passionate ELP fan and want to see this ELP project make everyone happy(er).
If anyone has a gripe with me, contact me via private message. I am not as I seem to be...but maybe WORSE!

Jon, you understand what I am saying, I don't intend to be "uppity" but I seem to come off that way ( not the first time!). And yes, I love this music "dearly" and am only voicing my opinions here........

I know. It's just that I'm very old fashioned, and really would like it if we all respected each other, at least in this forum. That's all.

I know. It's just that I'm very old fashioned, and really would like it if we all respected each other, at least in this forum. That's all.

I seem to be the only one bashing the new ELP releases and I am getting hammered for that!
I am like that one juror holding out in a murder conviction and it is futile to turn the other 11 to see my point of view but nobody even questions me about why I am disappointed. If they did, I could open their ears to what I am NOT hearing.

Back