Elton John bumped again?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daved64 said:
Delayed in Canada till the *&@*(&@^ 30th! ()@^)(*^#)(*&^_()*@&_)*(&#_)(&@_

The longer it takes the more I loose interest in these. Halflife2 is coming out today and so is the Crossroads Guitar DVD-V. Elton unfortunately has missed the boat with me. A few weeks ago it would have been different probably. I only have so much cash to spend on music/games. So I will no doubt leave the EJ's until a point where there is nothing new coming out and I need a hi-rez fix. 2005 sounds good.

Guy Robinson said:
The longer it takes the more I loose interest in these. Halflife2 is coming out today and so is the Crossroads Guitar DVD-V. Elton unfortunately has missed the boat with me. A few weeks ago it would have been different probably. I only have so much cash to spend on music/games. So I will no doubt leave the EJ's until a point where there is nothing new coming out and I need a hi-rez fix. 2005 sounds good.
Me too. I think i will spend my $50 BB card on the Crossroads DVD and the Spree DVD-A

MacDaddy said:
I just got a phone call from A&B Sound that Layla is in. I will have to check to see what there EJ arrival date is.

BestBuy also has the Clapton SACD's. No EJ but all three Clapton's apparently; $18.99.

Guy Robinson said:
BestBuy also has the Clapton SACD's. No EJ but all three Clapton's apparently; $18.99.
Apparently? THEY WERE IN MY HANDS!

Uni Canada says EARLY DECEMBER for EJ....the girl said there were "legal issue". Yeah, whatever....my $$$$ is going elsewhere!

daved64 said:

Uni Canada says EARLY DECEMBER for EJ....the girl said there were "legal issue". Yeah, whatever....my $$$$ is going elsewhere!

Can't blame you. I'm picking up Halflife2 and cocooning myself for a few weeks. Can't listen to music and game ambience at the same time.

The reason I said "apparently" was because I know how BB works. I could go to my local (Ajax) store and not see any at all even if they are in the Heartland (or one of the other) Toronto area locations.

Guy Robinson said:
Can't blame you. I'm picking up Halflife2 and cocooning myself for a few weeks. Can't listen to music and game ambience at the same time.

The reason I said "apparently" was because I know how BB works. I could go to my local (Ajax) store and not see any at all even if they are in the Heartland (or one of the other) Toronto area locations.
I was surprised they had about 3-4 copies of each!

daved64 said:
I was surprised they had about 3-4 copies of each!

My local store had the same. I picked them up and put them back and picked up HalfLife2. I am going to go back to hi-rez in 2005. No more for this year. It's really not a budget thing, just a fed up thing. When I go back in January lord knows what I will see there.

daved64 said:

Is there some reason why you can't get these discs online? I ordered from CDUniverse and had then in 2 days, my local store(Best Buy) was clueless. I think they were about $13.00USD a piece.

keenan said:
Is there some reason why you can't get these discs online? I ordered from CDUniverse and had then in 2 days, my local store(Best Buy) was clueless. I think they were about $13.00USD a piece.
Sure, if you don't mind getting cornholed by Canada Customs! Not always a good option for us, even when our dollar is kicking your dollar's ass like right now!

keenan said:

Last time I ordered from CDUniverse it was the Creedence Clearwater SACD I think. By the time it got here if memory serves me right it was $45. I rarely order from the U.S. now just because of the customs. You seem to get hit everytime you order from CDUniverse for some reason. Funny, I ended up selling the CCR SACD as well because I didn't like it. Please don't pass that onto that other forum. It would be sacrilege. I actually thought it sucked pretty much. Anyway, I am getting off topic. Not going to worry about any hi-rez until 2005. By then all this stuff should be readily available if I am still interested. Frankly I am getting sick of waiting for releases. This is coming from a guy who would have lined up for this stuff 6 months ago. I just can't be bothered anymore. back to HalfLife2. That was easily attainable.

Amazon UK now says 29 November - wonder why they hadn't turned up when originally ordered for Nov 15th! Have cancelled order and will pick up in store next Monday in London - we hope!

H

Back