Ever seen a JVC 4VN-990 4 CH AMP ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen these before (6 years experience with IATSE), and have used similar units from time to time, but I've never owned one. VERY cool item. I'd really like to have one, even tho it's not tube-driven. I bet it's a nice amp. You gotta like the back panel.

I recently picked up one of these (MCA-V7E) when an eBay seller offered me a huge discount. Not that I needed another amplifier but this one looks so cool! Funny how in the very early seventies the style was black but then the style changed to silver, in the late seventies and early eighties fashion changed back to black! This one with it's black face and four meters was hard to resist!

I'm using it now at my workbench location. It sounds a bit better than the Pioneer reciever that I was previously using. I haven't touched it, no capacitor replacement/upgrades. I haven't even sprayed the switches yet. I'm using it as an amplifier only. When I briefly tested it out the preamplifier section had problems with dirty/intermittent switches, DeOxit should fix it.

MCA-V7E

Last edited:
Back