Exasound E28 Multichannel DAC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wappinghigh

This really is the future of Quad/surround Guys.

I have mine plugged pure 5.1 analog out straight into power amps.

No processing whatsover other than the initial microphone room calibration of a Velodyne Sub (using Velodynes inbuilt program).

With playback via USB from a macbook Air using Audirvana+

There are are options. ie Jriver running under Windows.

Get into it! :)

What are you doing with your e28?

Wap

My e28 is running JRiver as well with Windows 8.1

Also, check the links we have over on the SACD Multichannel section to Kal's review of the e28.

I recently picked up an e28 for my 5.1 car system using JRiver and Windows 8.1.

The sound improvement is quite dramatic which is to be expected as the e28 replaced a $50 Creative 5.1 sound card.

Initially I placed the e28 in my main HT system. Here I have a 7.3 setup using the Denon AVP A1HDC preamp, 3 Gotham subs and a media center PC running JRiver under windows 7 - the room has been professionally treated.

The sound quality of the e28 is an improvement over the Dacs in the Denon but not a major one - so far one drawback is losing the other 2 subs - I definitely prefer the integration of the 3 subs - certainly on movies but even with 5.1 music

is there a way to incorporate 3 subs with the Exasound Dac? if there is then I'll add the e28 to the main system.

is there a way to incorporate 3 subs with the Exasound Dac? if there is then I'll add the e28 to the main system.
Not enough channels for you unless you put a separate bass-management/EQ for the subs after the e28.

Back