Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Splendid, Smithers. I saw it in its initial run at a midnight showing in Manhattan ..... and was scared silly! Silly ME!

I do hope you walked into the road and said "hey I walkin' here"

beep beep

"I have a film to catch" whilst en route to the cinema?! :smokin

I've heard they might bring back Sigourney back for the Alien Covenant prequal/sequel?! 😱

I do hope you walked into the road and said "hey I walkin' here"

beep beep

"I have a film to catch" whilst en route to the cinema?! :smokin

I've heard they might bring back Sigourney back for the Alien Covenant prequal/sequel?! 😱

Which reminds me, Smithers: I've yet to watch my Criterion 4K remastered BD~V of MIDNIGHT COWBOY ..... with the delightful Ratzo Rizzo!

I've always loved Siggy [as her friends call her]. First saw Siggy in 'The Year of Living Dangerously ...' And she was enthralling in Ghostbusters [which will get a NATIVE 4K release in June]. Who you gonna call, Smithers .....

See the source image

Which reminds me, Smithers: I've yet to watch my Criterion 4K remastered BD~V of MIDNIGHT COWBOY ..... with the delightful Ratzo Rizzo!

I've always loved Siggy [as her friends call her]. First saw Siggy in 'The Year of Living Dangerously ...' And she was enthralling in Ghostbusters [which will get a NATIVE 4K release in June]. Who you gonna call, Smithers .....

See the source image

I ain't afraid of no ghost - or no Huey Lewis?! I have to say Siggy is a bit of a cow in Working Girl but that's good acting for you! I love the classic Ghostbusters movie - not sure why they tried to remake it. If ain't broke don't try to fix it!

Are you the Keymaster Ralph?! 🙂

I ain't afraid of no ghost - or no Huey Lewis?! I have to say Siggy is a bit of a cow in Working Girl but that's good acting for you! I love the classic Ghostbusters movie - not sure why they tried to remake it. If ain't broke don't try to fix it!

Are you the Keymaster Ralph?! 🙂

I'll always hold the keys to the kingdom, Master Smithers. Can't wait to see Ghostbusters in Native 4K.

BTW, LOVED Working Girl.....IMO, a perfect movie and Siggy 'with her boney ass' was the anthethesis of Melanie Griffith who was superb. Have you seen Melanie lately ...... FREAK SHOW!

See the source image

BOTOXIC

Last edited:
COMING to a Home Theater near you on July 7, a Beast so ferocious the releasing company is unleashing it on the world in a Container of Steel

10633_tn.jpg

Mothra/The Steelbook Edition/2 Cuts: the American and Original Japanese Versions/1960

Last edited:
I'll always hold the keys to the kingdom, Master Smithers. Can't wait to see Ghostbusters in Native 4K.

BTW, LOVED Working Girl.....IMO, a perfect movie and Siggy 'with her boney ass' was the anthethesis of Melanie Griffith who was superb. Have you seen Melanie lately ...... FREAK SHOW!

See the source image

BOTOXIC

YUK!!

At that time San Fran was in a panicked frenzy due to Zodiac. David Finchers 2007 Zodiac is also fantastic with an excellent soundtrack, my personal favorite being Donovan's "The Hurdy Gurdy Man"
I find the song a bit creepy after it was used in that movie (great movie though)

Tim, according to the press release, I believe all three cuts will be in UHD4K https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25025
Nice! Looks like they updated it from when it was first posted. Wonder if Francis just cut the whole French plantation scene from the Final Cut? Glad Redux will be on the 4K. It's a favourite summer watch. Ah, Apocalypse Now; what a gem.

Here's a nice 4K clip of Apocalypse Now and how Meyer Sound is once again involved in the LFE side of things.

Apparently the "old" 5.1 mix (which I will always love for a variety of reasons) went down to 30hz, but the new Atmos mix will go down to 16hz. (!!)

Also normally not a fan of new artwork, but this is admittedly pretty cool.

Back