Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which Crash???

I'd be really surprised if it was Cronenberg's (1996), as there isn't mention of a blu-ray release for it anywhere. So it must be the other "popular" one (2004), and the info about audio matches:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Crash-Blu-ray/118/

So, Snood.. have you placed your pre-order for Session 9 (blu-ray) yet? :banana:

https://www.amazon.com/Session-9-Blu-ray-David-Caruso/dp/B01F6EHOG2

However, the audio is listed as English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 (48kHz, 24-bit)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Session-9-Blu-ray/42375/

Oh well.. thank ἄθεος for DPLII Movie! ^_^

*Baggy beat me to it... still up at 4am, Bags?! :party

How about a barking dog?...they include that sound in a lot of movies and tv shows and I've been fooled more than once...
The Barking Dog drives my pitbull crazy he hears the dog and he has to respond I've had times where I had to shut the volume down completely because this idiot doesn't know the difference

Sent from my VS425PP using Tapatalk

Another vote for "Interstellar"... was watching it 2 nights ago on BD...

Did you see the documentary about the soundtrack recording with real pipe organs? Worthy seeing.
The bass is astounding in this release, I watched once the movie with headphones and when they left them a second over the sofa I saw them moving because of the low frec vibrations!

I still have the snapper case New Line released in the late 90's for this one. I'm still waiting on the Criterion Collection to put this one out. They did the laserdisc, and I can't imagine Warner Bros. is chomping at the bit to give this the full treatment it deserves.

Cool. Wonder if they'll do anything to the audio? Not that anything needs doing (still among the best gunfire I've heard) - just wondering.

Perfect chance to fix up:

1. The glaring mismatch between mouth movement and overdubs in the Neil/Chris scene at Neil's and Albert/Vincent scene at the Porsche chop shop (CGI in new mouths like Sir Ridley did for Blade Runner).

2. Sudden brightness at Edie's when she's on the phone to Neil - it's like someone suddenly switched on a light.

3. Restore Justine's "You sift through the detritus" and Vincent's "Ferocious, aren't I?" lines, although Michael Mann probably removed them for a reason.

Yeah, I've watched Heat a number of times.

Is anyone here attending the premiere?

Was watching both "Superman" and Superman II" (with the great Christopher Reeve) on TV last night and the "Dolby Surround" is quite good!!!
The receiver was getting the Stereo signal and the DPL II Movie did its magic!!!!

Cool. Wonder if they'll do anything to the audio? Not that anything needs doing (still among the best gunfire I've heard) - just wondering.

Best guess is that there will be a DTS track of some sort when the Blu-ray comes out, I think every Blu Fox has put out has one. That in itself is an improvement because every release of the film going back to it's original theatrical run was in Dolby.

watching "Uncle Buck" on tv tonight in 5.1 DD and I swear they had a 5.1 mix of Tone Loc's "Wild Thing". No lyrics but the music was definitely discrete.

Last edited:
Back