FREEZING!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night when my wife and I went to our evening event, it was -7 and a northwest wind blowing 20mph. Walking from the Jeep to the building (couple hundred feet) was horrible! The wind felt like knives cutting through your face. Geez....

I cannot imagine living in areas that are consistently this cold, or worse yet, way colder. I just cannot begin to imagine that.

I wish we could average our temperature gradients so we could all have a pleasantly cool (but not too cold) winter:)

11 degrees in Nashville area, might break 20 degrees today. We have at lease another week of this where 35 is a heat wave; not typical but one must roll with it...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :banana:

I wish we could average our temperature gradients so we could all have a pleasantly cool (but not too cold) winter:)

My mom and dad still live in the country (meaning, farm house, couple hundred acres of grain producing farm ground and wide open, flat land).
So, they have an old well and their water pipes can freeze. And...they did. Even with a infrared heat lamp down in well, still froze. So good old GOS goes to their house, climbs down the 10 foot hole in the ground and unfreezes pipes and readjusts the heat lamp. Mind you, it was -2 degrees and blowing and yes, I was damn cold.

Country living at its best. :violin

To finish my story, even worse. My dad, who is nearly 87 and has macular degeneration....and dementia.... thought he needed to come out and help me. He tripped and fell, and hit his shoulder on the sidewalk. Ugh....it took 2 of us to get him on his feet and back in the house. Today, he will be very, very sore. :(

If I wanted this crap I'd go back to New Hampshire, though up there it's snow AND freezing, so I'm still better off....maybe.

ED :)

To finish my story, even worse. My dad, who is nearly 87 and has macular degeneration....and dementia.... thought he needed to come out and help me. He tripped and fell, and hit his shoulder on the sidewalk. Ugh....it took 2 of us to get him on his feet and back in the house. Today, he will be very, very sore. :(

My heart goes out to you! All of that is so trying physically and emotionally uphill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's some hard stuff to deal with GOS, hoping I can send a little strength your way.

Wow, at that age if he comes away just sore and no broken bones then he's doing okay in my books - hope that's all it is and nothing more serious.

It's been quite mild here this Christmas season - we're in that area that's been tagged for "warmer than normal" this winter unlike those in the northern mid and eastern states where colder than normal is the long term prediction. Yesterday afternoon we spent a good part of the day out on the back patio, no jacket required while in the sun, brewing some porter to fill that empty spot in the kegerator.

And, fyi - we got down to -15 last night again....currently only -10 at 8AM. :)
My son had a flat tire on his car this morning - he asked if I'd help him change it. I said... NO! Call State Farm and use that roadside assistance you're paying for! :mad:@:

And, fyi - we got down to -15 last night again....currently only -10 at 8AM. :)
My son had a flat tire on his car this morning - he asked if I'd help him change it. I said... NO! Call State Farm and use that roadside assistance you're paying for! :mad:@:

[video=youtube;dr53ri99_xQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr53ri99_xQ[/video]

I know it's no big deal for you people...BUT...in Clearwater Florida... 37 degrees is a big deal for us...it reached that low earlier this morning...we are going to have 5 or 6 days of weather that the Chamber of Commerce won't ever talk about this week:(

I know it's no big deal for you people...BUT...in Clearwater Florida... 37 degrees is a big deal for us...it reached that low earlier this morning...we are going to have 5 or 6 days of weather that the Chamber of Commerce won't ever talk about this week:(

Yes, that IS a big deal....37 in central Florida? Wow!!

Yes, that IS a big deal....37 in central Florida? Wow!!

Actually it's on the gulf coast..but yes in the middle of the state

map_state.jpg

Our surround sound/home theater is in a finished basement room here in the North East. The furnace went on the fritz New Years Day morning and it dropped to 49F down there. Fortunately, the furnace was repaired by the next afternoon. But the family room with its wood burning stove is much too cozy to be bothered with dwelling in the basement. So...Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2...nothing! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Temp's went into the 20's yesterday, but my ice maker line is still frozen. It's in the cellar, with 4 furnaces and It still freezes! This wek is going to be crap for us in this part of the country! Huge storm coming by Thursday.
I'm in the Mohawk valley, we don't get much like before when I was a kid but, recently holy shit!!! :howl

Am amazing tidbit of news from Florida: It's SO cold that frozen iguanas are literally falling out of trees.:yikes:yikes

Here in New York it's supposed to go to -20 tonight into tomorrow. That massive storm we had yesterday was referred to as the BOMB CYCLONE.

By next Friday it's suppose to be near 50 degrees. Cannot Wait! :banana:

Wonder if Clint Eastwood has a sumptuous recipe for Iguana Dip? :ugham: http://dreamlovewallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Green-Iguana-Reptile-Lizard-Wallpaper.jpg

Am amazing tidbit of news from Florida: It's SO cold that frozen iguanas are literally falling out of trees.:yikes:yikes

Here in New York it's supposed to go to -20 tonight into tomorrow. That massive storm we had yesterday was referred to as the BOMB CYCLONE.

By next Friday it's suppose to be near 50 degrees. Cannot Wait! :banana:

Wonder if Clint Eastwood has a sumptuous recipe for Iguana Dip? :ugham: http://dreamlovewallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Green-Iguana-Reptile-Lizard-Wallpaper.jpg

So... this story is "big news"...it's another mole hill turned into a mountain...notice the temperature in the background of this news report....46 degress...the coldest it got where I live was 35...cold for my area...but not even freezing...this "big story" followed a sexual assault on an airplane...I guess the medial has their priorities in the right place:rolleyes:

[video=youtube;KLyrUh1j1bo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLyrUh1j1bo[/video]

So... this story is "big news"...it's another mole hill turned into a mountain...notice the temperature in the background of this news report....46 degress...the coldest it got where I live was 35...cold for my area...but not even freezing...this "big story" followed a sexual assault on an airplane...I guess the medial has their priorities in the right place:rolleyes:

[video=youtube;KLyrUh1j1bo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLyrUh1j1bo[/video]

Leaping Lizards, Clint, another sexual assault on an airplane........so much for the friendly skies....and for the probability of a sumptuous Iguana Dip from the kitchen of Mr. Eastwood!

Yeah, the news does tend to exaggerate so would this be considered Fake News? :yikes

Dropping to -10 again tonight in central Illinois. When will this crap stop?? OK, it will stop Sunday, but unfortunately...forecast says freezing rain Sunday.

Back