FREEZING!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropping to -10 again tonight in central Illinois. When will this crap stop?? OK, it will stop Sunday, but unfortunately...forecast says freezing rain Sunday.

Well, Gene, at least you have your new laptop to keep you warm and on Sunday instead of comatose Iguanas falling from the sky it will be frozen precipitation.

Just as long as GOS 3.0 doesn't dip to GOS -10.0 :banana:

Dropping to -10 again tonight in central Illinois. When will this crap stop?? OK, it will stop Sunday, but unfortunately...forecast says freezing rain Sunday.

Oh man...when I lived "up north"...freezing rain was my kryptonite...the freezing rain would fall during the night and then snow would cover the ice up...then you got in your car and the first time you hit the brakes:yikes

One. More. Day.
Okay 36 hours.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaping Lizards, Clint, another sexual assault on an airplane........so much for the friendly skies....and for the probability of a sumptuous Iguana Dip from the kitchen of Mr. Eastwood!

Yeah, the news does tend to exaggerate so would this be considered Fake News? :yikes

Keep in mind that the iguanas aren't dead...when it warms up...they are fine...sort of a lizard lazurus effect:ugham:

I'm getting -14 tonight and Sunday. Then it jumps to the 30's and snow. My ice maker line that froze thawed out, Dear Barbra need my ice! even in -14 :smokin

Oh man...when I lived "up north"...freezing rain was my kryptonite...the freezing rain would fall during the night and then snow would cover the ice up...then you got in your car and the first time you hit the brakes:yikes

big secret!!! get some rubbing alcohol dilute it some, in a spray bottle and spray it on frozen windshields it just is instant ice melt. no scrape and swearing.

Too bad there wouldn't be enough for the highways:ugham:...I would just let the engine run for a couple of minutes and let the defroster do it's thing...

It got so treacherous around parts of Long Island that windshield wipers were useless and had to be replaced after the storm. They literally failed.

Of course, I didn't leave home. My days of 'braving' it are over and done.

It will be 50 by next Friday so thankfully it'll all melt.

They put whey on the roads here from the yogurt factory close by. They apply it before a storm and it help, without using salt or calcium, 10:45 AM -8 . My ice maker line froze again.!:(

Was -14c here yesterday , which is actually warmer than it has been (-25c) but that fn wind......was at 70+kliks !!!
Doubled the cold easily with that wind.
I was expecting a "Sharknado" to appear, fwiw.

Curled up to some Fleetwood Mac-Tusk in5.1 thank goodness. :D

The shallow south has started warming today. This cold weather pushes everything to its limit, electrical, plumbing, other. Grateful that it will be nearly 60° a couple days this coming week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can tell you that 34 degrees compared to -15 is a HUGE difference. Wow!!! We did get freezing rain during the night and then snow on top of it...only the temps started to rise around 4am and now it seems like the stuff is melting a bit. I will leave here in the next few minutes for work, which is now 40 miles away. Mainly secondary roads as my job doesn't include interstate roads. My first taste of driving slower and likely taking an hour. :mad:@:

...I will leave here in the next few minutes for work, which is now 40 miles away. Mainly secondary roads as my job doesn't include interstate roads. My first taste of driving slower and likely taking an hour. :mad:@:

Gene, you still work? That's truly amazing. How do you manage to obtain this prolific quantity of QQ posts and still have time to work for a living? LOL I'm retired and have only managed 500+ posts since 2010. Must be all the pressure of retirement getting to me. :mad:@:

Hell...I work harder now that I'm retired then I did when I was working for a living.

Warming up around here. Bet we get to 60* before you do, Timbre4.

Back