• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: New DTS car audio player, decoder, amp. MAKE OFFER

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldsyd

Hi everyone,

As you can see, I haven't been very active around here lately. I've been hit by the economy and the early arrival of our first child, so I'm selling off some of my items that I haven't done anything with for a while.

First up is a complete Sherwood DTS car audio system. I always intended to install it in one of my cars, but never got around to it. I've opened the boxes and looked at it, but never installed it.

Includes the monster AX-6275 275 watt amplifier, which has 5 X 35 watt outputs and a 100 watt output for the subwoofer. This is DTS ready with a sub EQ and low/high pass filters and 3 sets of RCA inputs. As you can see in the picture, this is a real amp, you will need some space to mount this.

Also included is the XCM-7370 AM/FM/CD receiver. 30 watts X 4 channels. Also has the Digital bitstream output for DTS decoding.

And finally, this also includes the X-DTS80 DTS decoder. Has 2 Digital inputs. 1/2 DIN (1" x 7") unit, RCA L/R line level input, RCA coaxial digital input (x2). Six channel output, all RCA jacks at 2V. DTS 5.1 decoding (digital input only) and Circle Surround processing (analog input). Adjustable Bass, Treble, Balance, Fader, Subwoofer Volume, and Center Speaker Volume. Center can be run in phantom mode, subwoofer on or off.

I was going to Ebay these, but was hoping a fellow Quaddie would enjoy them as a set. I will not split them up since they all integrate with each other. All 3 components have spent the last few years in my smoke-free house.

Email me an offer, I'm willing to negotiate the price on these. PS - I'll pay shipping.

Send email to oldsyd at gmail d o t com

Thanks!
Jay

(I have a full resolution picture I can email you)

1006096.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I'm sure someone here would love to have this set.

I guess these days folks just live with what comes in their cars. The manufacturers do everything to keep it that way. In the old days, most cars had "holes" to install radios in that were all pretty much sized the same. These days, the audio system is an integral part of the car.

When I think back on all of the car stereos I installed in the 70's and 80's, ugh, my back hurts! :D

The "hole" problem is what kept me from installing it all these years. I just didn't have the ambition or money to pay someone to install them in my Buick (which has the giant radio).

I held off commenting initially....

In theory the Sherwood gear should have been really really good; it wasn't. Sell it on eBay and don't look back.

I held off commenting initially....

In theory the Sherwood gear should have been really really good; it wasn't. Sell it on eBay and don't look back.

I had to put 3 or these in to keep it going over 7 years. Decoder went out once too. Amp just finally bit the dust after 9 years, so it is the strong link. Take the advice get rid of them and purchase something that will last.

Ditto with Quadtrade: the main unit has been very problematic. Decoder and Amp were ok, Amp is still running today.

Problem is to fit it into the car... currently one of the dts decoder + amp is working with a half-din car dvd player (pyle) mounted togheter on a 1-din frame, the other is repacked.
A JVC AVX33 work better nowadays.

Thanks for the advice. I would feel bad selling this to someone here, only to hear that it was causing problems for them later.

It's looking like Ebay is the route now.

Don't feel sorry, for its days it was absolutely great. After all, it has been pratically the only choice for DTS music for years. It's just that the technology doesn't stop and something better came out - many years later.
Back in the days... i had also a lonely X-DTS80 decoder in the office, feeded by a PC cdrom player digital out and driving 4 small-but-decent Powered speaker. The best rocking office in town for two years!

You can use the main unit by itself, or the main unit and the amp, without the decoder in both cases.

thanks, also can you tell me what the decoder is really for.
It takes the digital out signal from the main unit and decode dts sound from dts CDs. It also converts two-channel sources to Circle Surround.

The 4 (or 5 or 6) line-out signals of the decoder have to be sent to the power amp, can't go back to the main unit.

The Sherwood components are OK, I guess, if you won't spend an additional cent, particulartly in installation/special brackets. The Sony DV2000 is a better and easier option, and you can use the Sherwood power amp with it.

Before buying a car DVD player , three points should be considered, one is the quality and model, two is the store itself whether authoritative or not, three is the price and service there. take care! Justcardvd.com advices

Back