• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: SurroundMaster v2 MINT

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I've decided to part with my SurroundMaster v2 unit, only because it doesn't fit with my own listening habits.

It was connected to my Marantz quad system for a few weeks and I was quite impressed with the sound. Then I moved it to the office 5.1 Denon system via Zektor switchbox and I think I turned it on twice. I'm not doing any SQ/QS vinyl or listening to stereo sources, so this needs to go to somebody that actively does this a significant amount of the time. It's a really well built device, I can't justify it for myself. You guys know the rest.

I can truthfully say it has less than 20 hours on it. The purchaser (50 states only please) will receive the unit, the original power supply + cables, the box - just as you would when purchasing a new unit. I will consider all serious offers by private message and ship it fully insured.

EDIT: Getting some offers thanks. Going to let this run thru Sunday 2/12/2023. Thanks for reading.

EDIT EDIT: Transaction being completed now. Post closed. THX

IMG_4751.JPGIMG_4750.JPGIMG_4752.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4749.JPG
    IMG_4749.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4748.JPG
    IMG_4748.JPG
    869 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just to add my two cents here, anyone who's been considering adding a Surround Master to your system, but has hesitated, this is a great chance to hear for yourself the difference this little box will make in your system. Nothing else out there, that I've heard, not even the Tate SQ, nor the best Sansui Vario-Matrix decoders, can deliver what the SM does. Channel separation from SQ, QS, EV, and Dolby Surround (and similar) recordings that rivals discrete, and what it'll do with stereo recordings will knock your socks off. All with no pumping effects, and all with tri-band decoding. You do need to have multichannel analog inputs on your system. So please, somebody, take Tim up on this.

My Oppo 105 has multichannel analog but my Yamaha doesn't. What else would I need to get this to work in my system or is that good enough?

My Oppo 105 has multichannel analog but my Yamaha doesn't. What else would I need to get this to work in my system or is that good enough?
Oppo analog connections are outputs, what is needed is analog inputs. The SM is a signal source so it plugs into a receiver or amps. If your Yamaha is your receiver, it would need multichannel analog inputs to accept the multichannel signal source from the SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back