Grilling, Barbeque/Asado Thread - QQ Style :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say, @GOS you should come down and pick up some of my Red Oak, makes good BBQ/smoking wood.
Hurry! Quantities however are not limited! Just not cured yet.
Can you handle, say, a ton or so? ;)
LOL! Well.....so...

I have a national seed trade meeting in first week of December. For the last 30 years, it's been at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago. This coming December, it's being moved to Orlando!!! Don't tempt me man!

LOL! Well.....so...

I have a national seed trade meeting in first week of December. For the last 30 years, it's been at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago. This coming December, it's being moved to Orlando!!! Don't tempt me man!
Gene, at his first pod,er, seed meeting presentation some years ago:

1695515436232.png

Last edited:
At least you can joke about it, Booney. Things back to normal at your place now?
Well, a lot of chainsaw, a lot of rake and pitchfork. You know. I've slowed down from the killer pace I was going at, old body getting pains.
But yeah, a lot of work left to do, I'm just working through it, concentrating on the about 1 - 1 1/2 acres closest to the house.
I'll never finish the 5.3 acres in my lifetime, just want the immediate area nice and clean again. All is good.
Thanks for asking!

My first ever attempt at smoked buffalo wings over apple wood using;

McCormick Original Buffalo Wings Seasoning Mix
Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce
Marzetti Classic Ranch Dressing

Came out better than expected.
Oh man that does sound good! How long did they cook for? And what were the ratios on the sauce?

Oh man that does sound good! How long did they cook for? And what were the ratios on the sauce?

Oh, not long. I smoke per internal meat temperature (~180°F for wings) not time. Maybe ~2 hours @225°F smoke temp. Depends how much smoke you like. Then raise it to at least +350°F for a crispy skin or finish in the oven @+350°F for 30 minutes.

No sauce. Just the McCormick rub. Then served with the sides of hot sauce and ranch. They get mixed on your plate, fingers and mouth. Alternatively, bathe the finished wings in a bowl with the hot sauce (Too much heat for me.). Serve with a side of ranch. Finger lickin' yum.

Last edited:
Back