Guns N‘ Roses - Appetite For Destruction Locked N’ Loaded Edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! I knew you would appreciate my "frugal" spending. hahaha

Clint's RIGHT: Expedited shipping is for excitable people who want to be the first on their block to receive an item and have exclusive bragging rights when, in reality, no one REALLY cares NOR is keeping track and suppose you and the missus have an ALL DAY wedding to attend that day..............then, what's the point?:eek: You'll be too hung overo_O and exhaustedo_O to crack open the box and that 'squandered' expedited shipping $$$$ could've gone toward a box of Keurig coffee K~cups to alleviate that dreadful hangover!:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Last edited:
Clint's RIGHT: Expedited shipping is for excitable people who want to be the first on their block to receive an item and have exclusive bragging rights when, in reality, no one REALLY cares NOR is keeping track and suppose you and the missus have a ALL DAY wedding to go to that day..............then, what's the point?:eek:
No one cares...except me. :)

Ralphie...Gos was born under the PRIME directive...I've been trying to "ween" him off faster shipping...but it's hard...it's like crack...it's addictive...you have seen what happens on various threads when it doesn't come when he expects it to...we have all experienced those posts...it's not pretty:ROFLMAO:

Clint, I'm under the impression that GOS won't be happy until an Amazon Drone literally drops the package on top of his noggin' 10 minutes after he orders it!

I'm an weird duck, I guess. I'm fairly liberal and open-minded, yet I was raised very conservative, so I have some funky wiring going on up in this noggin of mine.
I remember back when AfD came out that the lyrics to "It's So Easy" really pissed off conservative types and even made it on the evening news (censored, of course). It's funny that I applaud pissing off stuffy types, but also find the song objectionable personally (as well as a few other moments and some of the art).
"The End" by The Doors is a good example and food for thought. It's up to me what kind of artistic content I want to invest in and enjoy. AfD is certainly a part of the soundtrack to my life. Part of me wishes they'd thought better of a moment here or there, but part of me is on the side of those that want to express things that others don't agree with. In my own life, I keep certain things hidden from certain friends and family, because I think everyone is happier this way, but I sure wish I didn't have to. So, in a way, I'm sitting where this album is at, but bothered by it at the same time... o_O:SB:hi:SBo_O
So, this is the video for It's So Easy that they're saying was completed and scanned from the 16mm original for the BD in this set. I think it makes certain themes from the song even more explicit.

But then, what I find interesting in the band in how unfiltered and uninterested in the approval of their peers or society they were - and that's what I want in rock - pure power and energy that's barely contained - for nuance and sophistication classical has more to offer than pop ever will.

Incidentally, the box set is creating some controversy in certain corners of the internet because "One in a Million" is the only song off the "Lies" EP not being included in some form here. There's discussion that they're trying to bury that song for reasons obvious from the lyrics, and replace it with Shadow of Your Love.

Actually, seeing that video...makes me crave this release even more. There is no doubt that this album was a huge part of my out of control younger years. And, I can sort of relive some of that again once this is in my hands. But without the drama and over the top poor behavior that I used to partake in. Hey, memories....without them...we are nothing. :)

I'm actually hoping Amazon has one of those "unexplained" price drops...you know...for like 20 minutes.

AmazonUS is certainly the wild card....their recent business model seems to be to undercut their business rivals....regardless of the profit margin....this reminds me of a time that Budweiser did something similar here in Florida...it was right before a holiday...it was either Memorial Day or the 4th of July....they priced their beer so low that the other companies were basically shut out...people went crazy in stores...they sold so much Budweiser that the local Publix store had multiple truck deliveries in one day..fights almost broke out in stores from people grabbing the beer...it was crazy....

Last edited:
Hopefully there was some beer left for the frogs down in Florida, otherwise they'd be going mad! They love their Budweiser! :cool:

That commercial would actually sound alright in surround?! Maybe that's on ELS books next? Seriously though I wonder if the main man is going to work on some new albums after this? That'd be most cool!

One does wonder why GN'R's MTV Ritz show was not included with this release. Probably the best live document of this band ever (don't sleep on the Appetite for Democracy blu-ray either. Judging by the lack of reviews on this site, most have). Must be a legal issue surrounding its release.

So, my pre-order from Amazon has "self-adjusted" to the current lower price....so I can see my total price shipped $147.41.
So, for $147.41 I can have it on my doorstep on day of release...or I can have it from Import CD for $140.17 (I did get expedited shipping) and not sure when I would get it....)

Yes, GOS 3.0 is more frugal than 2.0....but 3.0 still wants fast shipping...but with a better than average price. Whoop!

Is $7 worth it for me to get it on day of release?

Oh hell yes it is.....

So, my pre-order from Amazon has "self-adjusted" to the current lower price....so I can see my total price shipped $147.41.
So, for $147.41 I can have it on my doorstep on day of release...or I can have it from Import CD for $140.17 (I did get expedited shipping) and not sure when I would get it....)

Yes, GOS 3.0 is more frugal than 2.0....but 3.0 still wants fast shipping...but with a better than average price. Whoop!

Oh hell yes it is.....

For me, I don't get to hear it until Thanksgiving, at the earliest. Is Import CDs the current lowest price, with normal shipping?

Alert - Amazon US lowered their price to $138.74

Not sure if that takes it to a better deal than Import CD yet....just wanted to get the link and price up.

Appetite at $138.74

Well for those in Florida(like me and Big Daddy Snood)and other states that importcds would charge tax....importcds would be $11.25 cheaper for Florida residents...those that don't get charged tax...importcds is $7.83 cheaper....and my advice to those that want to go with amazon....if you have placed an order at the higher price...cancel that order and re order at the lower price...don't just take it for granted that amazon will give you the lower price...it doesn't always work that way...especially if the price has changed several times...just saying....protect yourself...

Oh hell yes it is.....

Well...you have Prime shipping...so for you it would be worth it..

Day of Release arrival is awesome. One of my favorite things about Amazon Prime. It's like flying 1st Class or getting to skip a long wait at a fancy restaurant like a mob boss. Definitely worth your $7 :p

Back