Halo Upmixer by Nuger Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
I just came across this on the net I wondered if this has been talked about

https://nugenaudio.com/haloupmix/?s...MIpp6n8v2E3gIVSQwrCh0QtQ6KEAEYASAAEgL-6vD_BwE

Screen_Shot_Halo_upmix_1.png

This looks pretty interesting but with a price tag of $499, I think this product is aimed at recording studios and post-production facilities. Maybe for that price you don't get as many artifacts as the other app based upmix solutions.

This looks pretty interesting but with a price tag of $499, I think this product is aimed at recording studios and post-production facilities. Maybe for that price you don't get as many artifacts as the other app based upmix solutions.

It would be interesting to hear some professional mixers & engineers and/or accomplished amateur upmixers weigh in on the technical--and aural--differences between high-end programs like Penteo, Halo, SRS, and Auro, and more accessible tools like Spec and the various VST plugins built into software like Cirlinca's HD Audio Solo. And then to compare software-based upmixing against Dolby/PLII, DTS Neo/Neural, the AVR version of Auro, even the SurroundMaster. And then...

Back