Heads Up Surround SACDs - Pieces of a Dream & Marion Meadows

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying the Marion Meadows disc, wasn't familiar with him beforehand. The head's up & telarc releases seem to have gotten pricey lately @ around 20-21 big bucks, ouch! Deepdiscountcd.com has a few of these at 16.84 w/ship, but poor selection & hard to find on the site

hhiggins said:
Enjoying the Marion Meadows disc, wasn't familiar with him beforehand. The head's up & telarc releases seem to have gotten pricey lately @ around 20-21 big bucks, ouch! Deepdiscountcd.com has a few of these at 16.84 w/ship, but poor selection & hard to find on the site

The Marion Meadows Surround SACD is a good one. The new one from Pieces of a Dream is another winner.

On Telarc & Heads Up pricing, that's puzzling. They're still at $18.99 list price - which is what Tower Records sells them at. And the Telarc & Heads Up SACDs at Best Buy often go for $14.99 - $16.99. So I'd check there as well.

bmoura said:
The Marion Meadows Surround SACD is a good one. The new one from Pieces of a Dream is another winner.

On Telarc & Heads Up pricing, that's puzzling. They're still at $18.99 list price - which is what Tower Records sells them at. And the Telarc & Heads Up SACDs at Best Buy often go for $14.99 - $16.99. So I'd check there as well.

I have found that---at least in Chicago---while Tower Records has a more varied selection than Best Buy, their prices are always higher. At the same time, Best Buy is not always a bargain either, compared to some online outlets.

zabble said:
I have found that---at least in Chicago---while Tower Records has a more varied selection than Best Buy, their prices are always higher. At the same time, Best Buy is not always a bargain either, compared to some online outlets.

The online web stores are always the best bet for the most complete SACD selection. Way more titles than Best Buy and even Tower.

As to pricing, you are right. Best Buy is almost always less on Telarc SACDs than Tower. But I haven't seen the Tower Records stores in Silicon Valley charge more than $18.99 for the single disc Telarc and Heads Up SACDs.

I guess Indiana is the wrong place to live for walk-in buying. Bestbuy which opened 6 months ago had a selection of sacd/dvda's but has only refreshed the titles with big sellers & not refreshed the general stock. Circuitcity has the same titles sony gave them when they did the sacd display of "the" sony player 2 years ago. Borders bookstore has a few dozen titles at list price,but that's it. I usually buy online from circuitcity or deepdiscount with free shipping. Hadn't noticed Towers pricing being that great & had to pick-up a few titles at a time to get free shipping

hhiggins said:
I guess Indiana is the wrong place to live for walk-in buying. Bestbuy which opened 6 months ago had a selection of sacd/dvda's but has only refreshed the titles with big sellers & not refreshed the general stock. Circuitcity has the same titles sony gave them when they did the sacd display of "the" sony player 2 years ago. Borders bookstore has a few dozen titles at list price,but that's it. I usually buy online from circuitcity or deepdiscount with free shipping. Hadn't noticed Towers pricing being that great & had to pick-up a few titles at a time to get free shipping

I would agree with you on Circuit City. While their online store at CircuitCity.Com has some great pricing on SACDs, the retail stores don't pick up many new SACDs.

Borders primarily focuses on Single Inventory SACDs (those where the SACD serves as the CD edition as well). But they do have a number of the Concord Jazz SACDs from time to time.

The Best Buy stores in this area are pretty good with new titles from Universal and some of the other SACD labels. But Tower is still the best retail outlet in this area. Although lately they've begun stocking the SACD editions with the CD stock. So you have to check both places when looking for a specific disc and artist. Otherwise, not a bad job at all.

Back