Carlos Santana & John McLaughlin's Love Devotion Surrender on Quad SACD from Sony Japan Sept. 27, 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to find it on amazon.co.jp, but no luck. Ordered from Cd Japan and discovered they now can collect the Norwegian VAT, same as amazon.co.jp, so I'm happy.:)
Uhmm, need to try them and see if they collect Spanish VAT. Thanks for the heads up

I tried to find it on amazon.co.jp, but no luck. Ordered from Cd Japan and discovered they now can collect the Norwegian VAT, same as amazon.co.jp, so I'm happy.:)
You're right, option available also for me. And you can also tag it as a gift. No need to wait for Amz Jp, that's good. Thanks!

FWIW I received it from CDjapan via DHL and didn’t have to pay import taxes. So I guess they collect french VAT? (didn’t pay attention to that when ordering) And maybe they do the same for all euro countries?

I'd really love it if someone could translate the Japanese booklet that comes with this release. It appears to have notes from 1973 as well as more recent observations (I saw a 2021 date in there). Most of the time, I don't feel the need to see those notes, but on this stellar album, I'd really like to know what was written. Perhaps in the fullness of time, someone will oblige...

I'd really love it if someone could translate the Japanese booklet that comes with this release. It appears to have notes from 1973 as well as more recent observations (I saw a 2021 date in there). Most of the time, I don't feel the need to see those notes, but on this stellar album, I'd really like to know what was written. Perhaps in the fullness of time, someone will oblige...
Take good pictures with your phone and then throw it into Google Translate or a similar tool.

Take good pictures with your phone and then throw it into Google Translate or a similar tool.
I used google translate on my iPhone. Here’s the first page…not sure if it’s correct, but looks pretty good (har har):

Super session dedicated to God “Brothers of Souls” The charm of Quadraphonic SQ

In Japan, everything that Ntana left behind, from his leased first album ``Santana'' in 1970 to the immortal monumental work ``Caravanserai'' in 1972, has been reprinted as an SA-CD multi-hybrid edition, and Santana all over the world.・For fans only

It delighted highbrow enthusiasts. All of the works are truly suitable for the 50th Anniversary Series, and this time, the session albums ``Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles! Live!'' (1972) and ``Caravanserai'', as well as an amazing guitarist. Carlos Santana, who has achieved great growth, and the 20th century classical music musician Igor Stravinsky composed the dance suite "The Firebird" with electric sound. Fire)'' (1973) SA-CD Multi-Hybrid Edition is the album ``Soul Brothers (Love Devotion Sale)'' jointly released by guitarist John McLaughlin, which was just released in 2021. This work is a divine masterpiece created by two super guitarists and contains the beautiful thoughts of Guru Sri Chinmoy and John Coltrane! This is also the golden edition that Santana followers all over the world have been waiting for. , let's listen to this album, and talk about the important parts.

First, I will list the participating artists.

Carlos Santana (Guitar)

◎Mahavishnu John McLaughlin (Guitar & Piano)

●Larry Young (Organ)

●Armando Berraza (Congas)

●Billy Cobham (Drums) ●Don Alias (Drums)

●Jan Hammer (Drums)

●Douglas Roach (Bass)

●Michael Shreve (Drums)

●James Mingo Lewis (Percussion)

Recorded in October 1972 by key members of the New Santana Band and the Mahavishnu Orchestra. I would like to draw attention to the fact that he appointed four Lamars, especially the talented Don Arias.

I used google translate on my iPhone. Here’s the first page…not sure if it’s correct, but looks pretty good (har har):

In Japan, everything that Ntana left behind, from his leased first album ``Santana'' in 1970 to the immortal monumental work ``Caravanserai'' in 1972, has been reprinted as an SA-CD multi-hybrid edition, and Santana all over the world.・For fans only

It delighted highbrow enthusiasts. All of the works are truly suitable for the 50th Anniversary Series, and this time, the session albums ``Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles! Live!'' (1972) and ``Caravanserai'', as well as an amazing guitarist. Carlos Santana, who has achieved great growth, and the 20th century classical music musician Igor Stravinsky composed the dance suite "The Firebird" with electric sound. Fire)'' (1973) SA-CD Multi-Hybrid Edition is the album ``Soul Brothers (Love Devotion Sale)'' jointly released by guitarist John McLaughlin, which was just released in 2021. This work is a divine masterpiece created by two super guitarists and contains the beautiful thoughts of Guru Sri Chinmoy and John Coltrane! This is also the golden edition that Santana followers all over the world have been waiting for. , let's listen to this album, and talk about the important parts.

Carlos Santana (Guitar)

●Larry Young (Organ)

●Jan Hammer (Drums)

●Douglas Roach (Bass)

●Michael Shreve (Drums)

Recorded in October 1972 by key members of the New Santana Band and the Mahavishnu Orchestra. I would like to draw attention to the fact that he appointed four Lamars, especially the talented Don Arias.
I'm definitely a highbrow enthusiast, so this release is totally for me then.

FWIW I received it from CDjapan via DHL and didn’t have to pay import taxes. So I guess they collect french VAT? (didn’t pay attention to that when ordering) And maybe they do the same for all euro countries?
That's what CD-Japan is doing now, collecting Tax in advance, so you don't have to pay DHL with their service charge anymore. That's great!

Carlos Santana (Guitar)

●Larry Young (Organ)

●Jan Hammer (Drums)

●Douglas Roach (Bass)

●Michael Shreve (Drums)

I have a subscription to the Readly app which is like Netflix for magazines around the world. There are some good rock mags in Germany and Sweden. So when I browse through them and see an article about artist I like, I take screenshots on my iPad, then load them in the Google Translate app. It’s pretty amazing how good the translations are.

Carlos Santana (Guitar)

●Larry Young (Organ)

●Jan Hammer (Drums)

●Douglas Roach (Bass)

●Michael Shreve (Drums)

Thanks for the sample. It gave me the courage to try it on all the pages, and it worked reasonably well!

Back