Santana "Welcome" 7-inch Sony Japan MultiCh SACD coming November 29th, 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredblue

Surroundophile Extraordinaire
QQ Supporter
Japanese original release. Santana's "Welcome" becomes available as SA-CD Multi Hybrid edition for the first time in the world. The SACD layer uses a DSD master converted from the original "Quadraphonic (4ch)" master. The CD layer uses the master from SACD (latest remastering). Features 7-inch mini LP packaging, faithfully replicating the artwork of the US Quadraphonic LP, including the ad poster.

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/S...paign=Santana-20231101-person_prod-SICP-10150
IMG_2808.jpeg

IMG_2809.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeassss!!!

Good timing too, as we settle in with our four new Quadio titles, a few DV things arrived or going to arrive very soon, and while we contemplate what might be next from Rhino, we get a very delectable and quite collectible quad mix SACD from Sony Japan. Vintage quadraphonic masters are now rolling out in a nice consistent manner, without too painful wait times between titles. It's like the 70's and early 80's when the releases were coming out faster than you could buy them. Classic albums in quad! Welcome has long been a Santana fan's favorite too. This will rival Caravanserai, or even top it for a "must have" SACD in it's 70's quad mix. It's 1973 here, what more can I say?

Last edited:
Maybe I should have waited with my order of six of the Sony Japan 7" titles, which only arrived ten days ago... but maybe on the other hand I will find something else to order with this one šŸ˜

Is "Welcome" the last Santana album released in quad back then? "Borboletta" would be interesting as well for me, but after that my interest in Santana wanes.

I've got this and Super Session in my basket at CDJapan but am going to hold off another week or two in hopes that Mahavishnu Orchestra's Between Nothingness and Eternity will also come out. It was released November '73 so it is also very appropriate at this time, for its 50th birthday!

I am going DHL this time, can't afford a long wait with this stunning album.

I just received a notification about this from CD Japan. I will be ordering and using up my accumulated points.

Despite this is one of my least favourite Santana albums I'm still excited about it's release. My favourite "Borboletta" can't be too far away now!

Interesting to note that Love Devotion Surrender (the most recent Sony Japan quad SACD) was SICP-10145, and this is SICP-10150. There have been one or two exceptions in the numbering, but generally Sony Japan issues their titles in sequential catalog order, so it's kind of interesting to ponder what four titles (or four-disc set) might make up the numbers 10146 through 10149...

Back