Help with my Sansui QRX-6001

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed

Out here in the perimeter, way down below the ocea
I finally got lucky and scored a mostly working QRX-6001 off of eBay for $81.

It arrived last night and I tried it out. Most everything seems to be working, but I did find a couple flaws

(1) The little purple light turns on but the yellow/orange "2" and "4" numbers indicating the number of channels don't light up. Do these come on all the time or do they only come on when certain things are happening?

(2) If I use loudness or turn the volume up beyond 1/4 turn and have the treble turned up all the way I get a loud buzzing from the rear channels and the lights in the room dim. :eek: Short circuit? Dirty pot?

(3) In the variomatrix decoding mode the rear channels seem a little quieter and weaker than the front.

I still need to clean the unit up on the outside and inside and clean the potentiometers and switches on the front, but what can I look for to fix these other problems? Aside from sending the unit to quadBob, what can I do to improve the sound? I know about double checking the voltage going to the decoding circuit board, but anything else?

Thanks!:alienrob:

Back