Help with software for burning DVD-Audio discs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranasakawa

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I recently aquired some DVD-Audio files in AOB format. Some fan created Pink Floyd audio in 5.1
My Nero burning software does not allow for AOB files.
Is there a simple program I can download that creates DVD-Audio discs using AOB files?

Thanks guys

Freeware: http://www.imgburn.com/

Choose "Write files/folders to disc" and make sure your files are in their folder as you have them and choose that folder. Here's the part I forget offhand, sometimes one has to put the files that are in folder into another folder and choose that. But try the first thing first.

If you're worried about about wasting a disc for nothing, ImgBurn will show a window before burning saying what type of disc you're creating - and the worse that would happen is that you would have a back-up Data disc of files.

screensho.png

Are the AOB files in a AUDIO_TS directory?

If not I create a AUDIO_TS directory and put them in that...

As OQG has said use ImgBurn.

In IMGBURN, select the "Write files/folders to disc" option. Then add in the AUDIO_TS folder & burn the disc....

Yes, now the coffee is kicking in, thanks LizardKing.

And there might also be a VIDEO_TS folder there as well for the DVD-V aspect of it - if one was saved/created. So, if I'm not mistaken, you would choose the folder - that has inside of it - either one or both of these folders, VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS, that has files inside of them.

Ideally, folks should save discs as .ISO using "Create Image file from disc" option.

Yes they are

So, long story short, if you have Windows:

1. http://www.imgburn.com/

2. Choose "Write files/folders to disc" and choose the folder - that has inside of it - either one or both of these folders, VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS

3. Burn disc. (Usually, you get a ImgBurn pop-up window telling you what you're burning. No worries, when in doubt click, yes and yes. ;))

Let us know if it worked.

So, long story short, if you have Windows:

1. http://www.imgburn.com/

2. Choose "Write files/folders to disc" and choose the folder - that has inside of it - either one or both of these folders, VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS

3. Burn disc. (Usually, you get a ImgBurn pop-up window telling you what you're burning. No worries, when in doubt click, yes and yes. ;))

Let us know if it worked.

Seems to have worked. I will give it a play soon on my DVD player.

Thank you !

Yes they are

Ok, if your source is a disc image(.iso, etc...) then just select "Write Image file to disc" in ImgBurn. Then browse to your image file on your hard drive. Select it and start the burn process. Its almost too simple. FYI, you can also burn SACD image files to DVD-R as well, just do the same and click "yes" when the program asks to convert to the DVD file system...

For manual file burning browse to the directory on your HD where the .VOB or .AOB files are and put them in the appropriate folders.

On the DVD-R blank disc:

DVD-Audio uses .AOB files along with other index files which must go into a folder always named AUDIO_TS.

For older DTS or Dolby Digital files, all files must go to the VIDEO_TS folder (even though you may have may no video.)

You don't need to have both folders, only the one that you are using.

The great utility/simplicity of ImageBurn is realised if you try and stay with image files so you don't have to mess with all this stuff,
you just burn the image to disc ("Write Image file to disc").

Beware of the big Green Download button at the top of the ImgBurn.com site, I clicked on it without really thinking - Norton stopped it, luckily as its not ImgBurn software!

Back