How to use quad in stereo?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QA-7000

Hallo all - first post/question by a quad newbee:

Got a Sansui QA-7000, and don't know much about it as I can't find an operating manual ANYWHERE (it's like it was wiped off the face of the earth - nowhere to be found. Anybody here?).

My question is this:

How can I make the most of this quad AS A 4 CHANNEL STEREO? In other words - I intend to hook it up as if it was a simple vintage integrated 'till I get some proper quad material, and wish to make the most of its 4 channel capability. Any tips?:xp:

How can I make the most of this quad AS A 4 CHANNEL STEREO? In other words - I intend to hook it up as if it was a simple vintage integrated 'till I get some proper quad material, and wish to make the most of its 4 channel capability. Any tips?:xp:

Just because you don't have any quad material doesn't mean that you can't use it to synthisize four channel sound from stereo CDs and LPs. Try it. The QS decoder in you amplifier is not one of the highly-sought ones, but it might surprise you how well it does with some music. You can also use it with television broadcasts that are in Dolby Surround.

Back