INVOLVE SQ - IS COMING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear All

Us Aussies even have a public holiday for a horse race! Any excuse will do.

Regards

Chucky

From my visits to Australia, the Aussies are quite passionate about sports and gambling. So I can believe that there is a holiday for a horse race !

From my visits to Australia, the Aussies are quite passionate about sports and gambling. So I can believe that there is a holiday for a horse race !

I used to listen to several shortwave stations owned by the ABC in the 1970s, they always had horse racing on Saturday night.

Still no go - bloody Dave took another 4 day week AGAIN. And the next week is a 4 day week in Australia due to the Queens birthday (yes its the 21 century and we still bow to genetically determined dictatorships down under - oh well you Americans have the Kardashians). Ho hum, on top of that we were bogged down fixing up a 45 degree compensation in our steering logic, I am pleased to say that is now fixed.

I've had to think long and hard whether to say something, and have decided to 'try' and help you from going down a wrong road.

I know where you've gotten this 45 degree idea from. It's 100% incorrect and will lead you to incorrect placement of images, lack of correct rear decoding, and a blurred, inconsistant soundscape.

HINT: read and understand the equation.

Hi Richard

I read your reply with interest and I am also wrestling with similar thoughts. Having said that the vector directions of SQ encode create issues where you have summations of left and right 0 degree shifts and 90 degree shifts resulting in the 45 degree issue. Personally I think SQ is a mess to decode and I unhappy with our current results.

I do thank you for your comments.

regards

Charlie

Well, if i told you there isn't a 45 degree issue, perhaps that would allow you to look elsewhere.

I too thought SQ was a mess, but once i realised what Ben Bauer had done, i came to realised it was a brilliant piece of work.

What these old matrix systems require, and that includes QS, is an open mind to new ideas on how to decode them.

I don't want to bang on about my work on the /II process that allows me to decode fully all matrix systems beyond the possibilities any hardware decoder made to date, and one of your team said i didn't have an open mind - amongst other digs, but i've proven that accurate, full separation, 21st century decoding of SQ/QS/DY/EV-4/Matrix H is possible.

So, all i can suggest to you is to forget what you think you know about SQ, especially ANYTHING to do with 45 degrees, and break down the encode equation to it's more basic elements

awwww.

And my job is a Queen's Messenger too....diplomatic courier for the Foreign Office. We love you guys down under you know (we do!)...lol

Hey Bayards

As you know us Aussies think highly of the Poms. We particularly like you when we kick your arse in the cricket.

Regards

Chucky

Back to the decoder... ;) I have a question.

I sure do want one of your boxes. But now that I know SQ is being worked on, I've been biding my time until it's implemented. So the question is this: is the unit field-software-updatable? In other words, if I purchase a unit now, without SQ, can I apply a code update later when you've got that implemented? Or do I just need to keep waiting?

Hi ClarkNovak

The units are all free software upgradeable the only issue is transport costs which we leave to the customer.

Regards
Chucky

That is great news! I'm going to PM you with a couple of questions so as not to hijack the thread any further. Thanks!

Hi All

Just a belated update.

At the risk of upsetting Richard we are still pursuing the use of various 45 degree phase shifts in the steering control logic area, most probably 14 times over what will probably be 2 band decode (running out of space for 3 band but maybe.......). I really do respect Richards views and his reported results are to be admired but we really like to try our methods first. We still could be proven wrong, only final testing will show if it is correct (yes we will do phasing measurements).

Getting close to actually listening to the thing.

Regards

Chucky

At the risk of upsetting Richard we are still pursuing the use of various 45 degree phase shifts in the steering control logic area, most probably 14 times over what will probably be 2 band decode (running out of space for 3 band but maybe.......).

Your not upsetting me, in fact you've put a smile on my face :)

Hi Richard

At least we are both amused. Dunno if we are on the correct path yet....the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say!

Regards

Chucky

I have been ringing
Charlie and Dave every now and then, trying not to be a pest
to see how they are going
I am just as interested in it as everybody else is
Dave said that they are about 2/3 the way through
I will let every body know a hour after I hear the unit
either good-better-or best

Last edited:
Back