James Guthrie

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daved64

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I think some of us have been a bit harsh on Guthrie. Taking on the MC mix of DSOTM was a big burden I'm sure, especially knowing that the Parsons quad mix would be used as a comparison. Yes, it could have been better, but let's not forget, it had the blessings of the band, and it seems like THEY put the brakes on him being a bit more adventurous (as he states in the Sound and Vision interview, Roger and Dave told him to scale back the mix of Any Colour You Like...that's just one example). Guthrie did help produce The Wall....a phenomenal recording...and he did do a marvelous job on the Echoes collection. For him to be associated with Pink Floyd for so long (especially Waters, who is not exactly the easiest guy to work with) must say something about him. Hopefully his next project will restore our faith in him. Maybe he can get those "drums that sound like hatboxes" (his words) from Animals to sound good!

I also agree with this after reading the magazine !

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>(as he states in the Sound and Vision interview, Roger and Dave told him to scale back the mix of Any Colour You Like...that's just one example). [/quote]
This is my favorite song effects wise and felt robbed!
0] Rob

Back