Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
One word!!!! FUUUUUUUUCK! (Excuse my french!!) I only have the DVD of this but it is an AMAZING experience!!! The musicianship on this disc couldn't be any better and it is really well recorded and mixed even though for the most part it is band in the front and crowd in the back. There is enough wrap around to give it a really great full sound. I have been a Jeff Beck fan for years but this disc really brings it all home. Did I say it was amazing???

One of the highlights is bassist Tal Wilkenfeld's solo in "'Cause We've Ended As Lovers". She is absoulutely amazing! Drummer Vinnie Colaiuta was great with Zappa but he really shines in this really tight band. This is a complete package of pure intenseness and energy.

Great cameos from Joss Stone, Imogene Heap and Eric Clapton round out this set. This is a "don't miss" disc!!!

I agree Bob! I just finished watching the Jeff Beck - Performing This Week...Live At Ronnie Scott's (Blu-ray Disc) yesterday morning. Really awesome performances by all in an intimate setting. I never knew Joss Stone had such a soulful voice, she did a great job on "People Get Ready." "Big Block" just blows me away. The sound in DTS-HD Master Audio is stunning. The 7 track Rockabilly set of Jeff Beck with the Big Town Playboys are a fun bonus feature. You could just see that Jeff was truly enjoying it. A couple times during the show the camera jumps to quick shots of Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in the audience. This disc is a treat both sonically and visually, highly recommended.

Dennis

I just noticed that this is in the DVD-Video thread and my comments above refer to the Blu-ray disc.
I couldn't resist agreeing with Bob's enthusiasm for this disc regardless of format.

Last edited:
One word!!!! FUUUUUUUUCK! (Excuse my french!!) I only have the DVD of this but it is an AMAZING experience!!! The musicianship on this disc couldn't be any better and it is really well recorded and mixed even though for the most part it is band in the front and crowd in the back. There is enough wrap around to give it a really great full sound. I have been a Jeff Beck fan for years but this disc really brings it all home. Did I say it was amazing???

One of the highlights is bassist Tal Wilkenfeld's solo in "'Cause We've Ended As Lovers". She is absoulutely amazing! Drummer Vinnie Colaiuta was great with Zappa but he really shines in this really tight band. This is a complete package of pure intenseness and energy.

Great cameos from Joss Stone, Imogene Heap and Eric Clapton round out this set. This is a "don't miss" disc!!!

Thanks for the reminder, I've had this for a few days and just put it on last night. I don't own a blu-ray player, but I may buy it on blu-ray too so that when I get a player I'll have it. It really is that good. Kudos to EC, it takes guts to play with someone so much better than you ;)

Great performance, nice intimate setting. The bass player is as cute as a button, and also a great bass player. What could have really made this disc is if Jeff had gotten Rod Stewart to show up for a song or two.(i guess he couldn't afford him now). Or else Rod is busy chasing new babes. These guys were always great togeather. (maybe it's because Rod seems to be playing ol' fart music nowdays!).

Back