Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today ….I’m terrible with keys/locks and usually end up breaking something I was trying to open …so I better look online for how to take these discs out !
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thre...coming-in-2023.1080345/page-146#post-32969688
7y6xcx.jpg

Awful, awful.

I was having the same problem with ImportCDs. Oddly enough, when I finally officially put in my order cancellation, I received a shipping notice within the hour, and a response saying it was too late to cancel. Coincidence? Maybe.
Cancel your order before the release date, then you'll get the product before it even releases.
image0-4.gif

I just had to say what a great album Broadsword is …it absolutely rocks on my system !
I’d never heard it before, although I had the vinyl for years, and after over ten listens, I think this will be close to being in my Top 5 Tull releases.
As usual,Steven W drum sounds are just so punchy, and the synths of Peter Vetesse are so good.
Some rocking guitar parts from Martin including some great slide guitar and Peggies bass nailing the whole thing together…. Superb.
Now, if only I could get that damn DVD to sit back in the packaging, life would be grand !

I just had to say what a great album Broadsword is …it absolutely rocks on my system !
I’d never heard it before, although I had the vinyl for years, and after over ten listens, I think this will be close to being in my Top 5 Tull releases.
As usual,Steven W drum sounds are just so punchy, and the synths of Peter Vetesse are so good.
Some rocking guitar parts from Martin including some great slide guitar and Peggies bass nailing the whole thing together…. Superb.
Now, if only I could get that damn DVD to sit back in the packaging, life would be grand !
Man I HATE that locking case 'system' too! Lost much of my left hand a few years ago and what a fn nightmare to not drop sht! (Used to be a left handed dude~) I have it down pretty good now though. And THANK you for the heads up from members here on that before it arrived 🤝~ I'd have broke it for sure! Love all of our Jethro Tull book sets! Make some more!....before it's too late! Ian..listening?? And do NOT make a dipshit move by excluding GOOD 5.1 versions! We know internet/streaming 'loves' the Atmos stuff...but cut us some slack on these physical releases~ PLEASE

Last edited:
Tell Warner all your Tull requests right here, watching all. :cool:
Find the tapes from the live Bursting Out shows and find a way to restore them enough to mix from! Are these really lost like the mutilated remnants on the Heavy Horses release suggest? I think they're botched mixes by a notorious engineer (who is not Steve Wilson) and at least some of those multitracks still exist. Dig these up and bring in Steven!

Isn't there at least a board tape from 1973 kicking around somewhere? I'll take whatever tattered remains are left from that!

Find the tapes from the live Bursting Out shows and find a way to restore them enough to mix from! Are these really lost like the mutilated remnants on the Heavy Horses release suggest? I think they're botched mixes by a notorious engineer (who is not Steve Wilson) and at least some of those multitracks still exist. Dig these up and bring in Steven!

Isn't there at least a board tape from 1973 kicking around somewhere? I'll take whatever tattered remains are left from that!
Anderson is hardly done following his muse just yet. Not only did he confirm with me that he just approved the mixes Steven Wilson has done for an upcoming expanded edition of September 1978’s 2LP Bursting Out live set (which he sees as the companion piece to the 2009-released Live at Madison Square Garden 1978 collection), Mike Mettler
https://www.analogplanet.com/conten...al-tale-band’s-new-album-rökflöte-and-further

Anderson is hardly done following his muse just yet. Not only did he confirm with me that he just approved the mixes Steven Wilson has done for an upcoming expanded edition of September 1978’s 2LP Bursting Out live set (which he sees as the companion piece to the 2009-released Live at Madison Square Garden 1978 collection), Mike Mettler
https://www.analogplanet.com/conten...al-tale-band’s-new-album-rökflöte-and-further
Welp! Woohoo! :)

Just noticed your avatar. A Steve Wilson mix of that track would complete the "Wilson edition" of 20 Years of JT that has been reassembling itself in the background along this journey.

Back