Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... sure enough that is a pretty devious disc-locking mechanism if you’re not prepared for it. It goes so counter to what the majority of disc holders do.

I don’t imagine there will be many, if any, complaints of discs coming loose during shipping.

Thanks to the warnings here, I avoided any feelings of losing the will to live while trying to get those buggers out without breaking them.

And there was me thinking it was just me getting all fingers and thumbs. I spent some while trying to figure out how to remove the discs without buggering it all up. I now have DVD 1 in the last folder, as that's the disc I will play the most.
1694201984883628030224424209241.jpg

Sadly, one DVD was loose in my package when I opened it. Fortunately, it was held in place by the cardboard insert and was undamaged. Based on how difficult these are to put back in the plastic clips I'd guess it was never correctly inserted in the first place.:oops:

I think I’ve talked about this in other threads, but not shown a photo. After reading about someone else doing it to save space, I started to buy DiscSox sleeves to get rid of jewel cases and free up space.

But I also started taking special discs (surround or SACD for example) and separating them into what you see below. For me, it’s more convenient and keeps me from having to handle, especially, the box sets over and over.

Not a great solution for everyone, but I love it, and it spares me those aggravating moments with disc holders that seem to want to fight you for possession of the disc.

Disc-Sleeves.jpg

Two fat-boys with three discs each and a double jewel case covered the Monster. 5.1 needs more praise. :D

Disc purgatory - yes, for sure.

Although I have found that if I push the disc completely down toward the 2 springs at the bottom, then pivot the disc about the bottom and lift it away from the left hand side tab, it comes out fairly consistently.
Haha - this is what happens when you try to play your new arrival in a dark room, after a beer or three and don't have your glasses with you: I didn't even notice the plastic springs!

...once you know they're there it's really easy to do. :ROFLMAO:
I feel such a kn*b now! :rolleyes:

I feel the frustration. The middle clips were already busted on the back section of book. The disc just fell out after I finally figured out how to get the bottom (top disc) out.

Maybe it would have been helpful to print some removal directions on the immediately facing page. There has to be a fair number of people who have almost snapped the discs in half trying to get them out. Weirdly, my copy had a blank pieces of cardboard between the disc holder sections and the printed booklet.

Last night, reading the review of this album in the Prog magazine I keep referencing, I saw an odd bit of information.

Atmos mix, huh?

Prog-Review.jpg

Reading that immediately called to mind Arte Johnson from Laugh-In.

Jerry is on some good drugs!
He probably upmixed the 5.1 and thought it was a stream native to the DVD.
🙄

Jerry is on some good drugs!
He probably upmixed the 5.1 and thought it was a stream native to the DVD.
🙄
I spent way too much time thinking about this and came up with three possible conclusions (in addition to yours which I thought just as valid):

1. He actually has an Atmos mix that was mistakenly sent to him, but is intended for a full Jethro Tull in Atmos set to be announced soon. Least likely explanation, but would that be cool or what?!?!

2. He has a lot of tasks as editor and he just blew it. Got confused with another Atmos mix he listened to. Maybe a glass of wine mixed in during his writing session.

3. He didn’t actually have the discs and made an assumption, especially considering the non-specific way he described the surround experience. With lead times for magazines and wanting it to be in the issue focused on this album, he may have only had access to some downloads for review purposes but not the surround mix, and made some assumptions about Atmos because Wilson is doing so much in that space. If that were the case, I’d be deeply disappointed. I (naively?) want to think that when someone is reviewing an album, they're speaking about their actual experience.

Am I a bad person for thinking it’s #3?

I'm very frustrated with importCDs; tried to buy from them but the order would never go through. They're saying they can't ship to my address.

I've ordered from them many times before and don't remember ever seeing this.

I noticed in the final screen for shipment it is leaving out my zip code, which seems like a glitch in their system, as I've input it several times.

Never liked importCDs anyway (OPM), but it's gonna cost me extra to get it elsewhere. 😒

I'm very frustrated with importCDs; tried to buy from them but the order would never go through. They're saying they can't ship to my address.

I noticed in the final screen for shipment it is leaving out my zip code, which seems like a glitch in their system, as I've input it several times.

Never liked importCDs anyway (OPM), but it's gonna cost me extra to get it elsewhere. 😒
Since we're neighbors, next time (if ever) I have a successful importcds order, I'll let ya know.
FWIW, I've never had any issues with them. A bit slow on shipping, so I don't use them for titles I want to review.

I was having the same problem with ImportCDs. Oddly enough, when I finally officially put in my order cancellation, I received a shipping notice within the hour, and a response saying it was too late to cancel. Coincidence? Maybe.

Back