DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (Defective Original Disc) [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Jethro Tull - THICK AS A BRICK [First Issue]

• Total voters
Not alone mate! I typed in 'capital' rather than 'capitol' and never noted the undeliverable notice until days later.

I'm still waiting for my replacement DVD from Burning Shed -- hopefully, it will arrive in the next day or two since some folks on the east coast have received theirs. I can't wait to hear the 5.1 mix the way Steven intended!

Well, I got a reply from EMI USA!

So, I'm wondering... Is it possible to go the direct EMI route for replacement if you purchased the TAAB thru Amazon US? I know Amazon will replace it, but I'd be more certain of getting the fixed disc if I got it directly from EMI. I'd prefer to go that route and will likely give it a try.

So, I'm wondering... Is it possible to go the direct EMI route for replacement if you purchased the TAAB thru Amazon US? I know Amazon will replace it, but I'd be more certain of getting the fixed disc if I got it directly from EMI. I'd prefer to go that route and will likely give it a try.

Yes, I bought mine from Amazon USA. I scanned the receipt/packing slip and a copy of the order from my Amazon account and sent it to the EMI email address. Looks like no other Amazon involvement will be needed.

I'm also considering trying to get a replacement disc from EMI USA the only problem is the store I bought it from didn't give me a receipt[for some reason they don't do receipts... weird but true].

I sent an email to EMI without a receipt attached, just my name and address, and they responded that they would send me a replacement disc (without asking for any proof of purchase). We'll see if they just send it, or come back and ask for proof of purchase.

Yes, I bought mine from Amazon USA. I scanned the receipt/packing slip and a copy of the order from my Amazon account and sent it to the EMI email address. Looks like no other Amazon involvement will be needed.

Great! I will give that a try.

It doesn't take a brainiac to do what I did (and I work in purchasing and logistics),
...I'll let you know what I did when it comes through...but I got a response from EMI USA!!!

Had a listen to the replacement disc today (in DTS 5.1) and it is much more listenable now and the mix overall is up to the SW standard we are used to by now. However I find one mixing choice not so good and very much not in line with other mixes by Steven Wilson - the lead vocal is very often equally distributed to the front channels (especially the center channel) and the back channels. I want my lead vocals anchored in the front so this aspect bothers me a bit.

Anyone else agree on this?

Had a listen to the replacement disc today (in DTS 5.1) and it is much more listenable now and the mix overall is up to the SW standard we are used to by now. However I find one mixing choice not so good and very much not in line with other mixes by Steven Wilson - the lead vocal is very often equally distributed to the front channels (especially the center channel) and the back channels. I want my lead vocals anchored in the front so this aspect bothers me a bit.

Anyone else agree on this?

I just got my replacement (thanks, Burning Shed!) but have only listened to the intro so far. Bass seems much more prominent and has more low content. I will have a good listen, now our heat has subsided. Somehow, for me, Tull and hot weather just don't seem to mix!

I notice the stereo mix sounds the same, which is disappointing. Don't get me started on the vinyl!

Geoff

I sent another email via Yahoo yesterday and it didn't get sent back so now i'll hopefully get a reply from EMI in the next few days....I still haven't received a reply almost 4 days later.

Last edited:
I read the following in a review on amazon.co.uk:

"You can also tell which DVD is which by looking on the DVD label. On the right, there is a heading DVD SIDE underneath which is some text about the aspect ratio etc. The corrected DVD has an underline beneath this block of text, while the original issue does not. "

Can anyone with a replacement disc or a new set confirm that this is correct?

Back