Jimmy Buffett Dead at 76

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Singer/Songwriter who brought IMMENSE JOY to the world of Music. He will be sadly missed

R.f7942c41dcee8a6e88379e8d7e5bb81e

1946 ~ 2023 🎸

Well, this is a real kick in the ass. :cry:

Not much of a secret, always been a pretty big Buffett fan. Have always hoped someone would do a nice 5.1 mix of his greatest hits album....
Went to one of his big party concerts many years ago at Alpine Valley and it was a total trip. So much damn fun......from that point, I was hooked on him and bought every album of his.

To be honest, I'm shocked as I thought of Jimmy as always being there. Ugh.... I'm sure he is in the big Margaritaville, somewhere on a deserted island, shorts, flip flops...drinking a cold one.

Oh I am gutted.
Hurts worse than stepping on a pop top.

Some of my favorite concert experiences happened in the parking lot before the show. Parrot Head’s are gonna be raising a margarita and chewing on a cheeseburger today in his honor.

Was there for the “You Had to Be There” album. RIP.
Prime period live album, recorded at the Fox Theater in Atlanta. But interesting thing (to me) is, I am in the process right now of editing out all the monologues / between song chatter on that double album, and to be honest, about 35% to 40% of the album is not music. It plays horrible once you've heard it before with all that talking, and maybe that is why it's called "You Had To Be There." I now want to hear it as almost all music.

But anyway, I really love A1A as his most solid album. And I saw him on the Volcano album tour I think 1979 or 1980. And then saw him open for the Eagles in 1980.

Last edited:
A sad day for me...I'm such a Buffett fan this is a real kick in the teeth......Going down to Key West in a few weeks ....I'm sure the locals will be honoring him in a big way! Of course all his great hits were fantastic works of music....I happen to especially love "Why Don't we get Drunk and Screw" A B side underground hit song I used to love to sing when I was a young man.....Thanks for the memories Jimmy

RIP

Last edited:
Really sad to see this on the news today when I woke up.
I wasn't a huge fan but he stood for something I love.... THE BEACH. Sorry to see his 40+ year beach party end.
RIP Mr. Buffett. Hopefully you have your toes in the sand and a cocktail in your hand, wherever you are.

Jimmy is one of those artists I always liked, good vibe.
Have all the really early Barnaby stuff, Rancho Deluxe and a couple of MoFis (including “A White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean”, one of the greatest album titles, ever).
But never really dipped into the his music beyond that. I should have.
Thanks Jimmy

If I had to guess I'd say this picture was taken in 1974 or 1975. The age of the Leisure Suit.
As a kid in the 70's I liked them because no tie was involved.
Yep, my folks were married in '73 and my sister was born in '76 so I think you are right on. :)
Havana Daydreamin' was released 1/1/76 so maybe Jimmy saw my Dad's photo, haha

Back