John Coltrane Interstellar Space LP... in quad?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horndynamics

Does anyone know if this is a quadrophonic LP? It says "compatible stereo/quad" on the label. It is a promotional record. I have never seen that on the regular consumer release.

G2CPxnS.jpg

Yes, it's a legit QS quad (unlike LIVE IN JAPAN, which was rechanneled from a mono tape source).

Generally, ABC quads that weren't part of the Command 40000 series will state 'compatible stereo/quad' on the label or cover. These were meant to be single-inventory titles the majority of 1972-74 Impulse! titles were like this.

ED :)

Yes, it's a legit QS quad (unlike LIVE IN JAPAN, which was rechanneled from a mono tape source).

Generally, ABC quads that weren't part of the Command 40000 series will state 'compatible stereo/quad' on the label or cover. These were meant to be single-inventory titles the majority of 1972-74 Impulse! titles were like this.

Very cool, thanks Ed :)

What do you mean by single inventory?

I'm not Ed, but I think Single Inventory means only one version of the record was released. Quad, playable in stereo.

That's it. Like all those Angel SQ classical titles, the idea was not to have to press two editions. Nice idea while it lasted.....

Back