SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1713453415762.png

https://www.rhino.com/article/joni-mitchell-details-the-asylum-albums-1972-1975-quadio

Well - more web site weirdness. I ordered the box, plus added the Rumours and Doors Atmos discs, paid with PayPal, went through the whole deal, then pressed 'Complete Order' and nothing happened. It just sat there. The button was faded out, and nothing.

So I checked PayPal and no payment had been processed, so I switched from FireFox to Edge, did the whole thing over again, and this time it went through. Very strange. Something is amiss somewhere, not sure if it's on Rhino's end or with Firefox, but the order went in smooth as silk using Edge.

Just an FYI for those who have issues like me! :oops:

Well - more web site weirdness. I ordered the box, plus added the Rumours and Doors Atmos discs, paid with PayPal, went through the whole deal, then pressed 'Complete Order' and nothing happened. It just sat there. The button was faded out, and nothing.

So I checked PayPal and no payment had been processed, so I switched from FireFox to Edge, did the whole thing over again, and this time it went through. Very strange. Something is amiss somewhere, not sure if it's on Rhino's end or with Firefox, but the order went in smooth as silk using Edge.

Just an FYI for those who have issues like me! :oops:
Mine did similar, but worked on the third "click". And, I see a single charge from Warner in my Paypal account.

Fabulous news! Does anyone know if this will be a Rhino/Joni Mitchell Store exclusive? All the previous Mitchell box sets, including the "Archives" volumes, have also been available from Amazon & other online vendors, usually at much lower prices. (For instance: Archives, Vol. 3 is $69.98 at Rhino/JM, $51.78 at Amazon. It got as low as $43.27 at Deep Discount, with a coupon.) Given the issues that so many of us have had (and, judging from early reports, continue to have) with Gnarlywood, I'd rather order from pretty much anyone but them....

Last edited:
The 15% discount code worked for me in the cart, but I might wait to see if Rhino Canada (i.e. Warner Music Canada) will list the set at a cheaper price. Currently the breakdown in US$ is: box set $79.98, discount $12, shipping $15.99, GST $4.20; Total: US$88.17

Does anyone know when the next bundle of Quadios will be available on the Rhino website? I'm wondering if I should hold off and combine Joni with the 4 new releases in order to maximize the discount code.

Foraging Rhino said May 3d (originally May 4th).

Thanks for the info. Now, I need to decide whether to just buy the Joni now when I know the discount code definitely works or to take a chance and wait a few weeks. Hmmm....

Excuse my Joni ignorance, but is that a poster of Neil Young? I see that he wrote notes for the box..
Yes.
Art by Joni, from 1971.
Published in this hardback book in 2019, would make a nice companion to this set for fans who don't have it already.

Apparently supply exceeded demand, I got one new on Amazon at 90% off the $40 list price.
Plenty of cheap copies circulating for anyone who's interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0358181720

1713456852539.png

Does anybody ordered from Rhino store to Europe? Do I have to pay additional VAT on delivery?
And what carrier they use for international shipping?

Last edited:
When paying with paypal it appeared "something went wrong" but I got an email from paypal stating I have actually paid and my order appears on my account-order history on Rhino's website.
The thing is I havent gotten any email confirming the order from Rhino.
I guess everything is fine if it appears in my order history
Whoever programmed the Rhino ordering web pages needs to find another career.

1713457350674.png

Thanks for the info. Now, I need to decide whether to just buy the Joni now when I know the discount code definitely works or to take a chance and wait a few weeks. Hmmm....

hah. I ordered now because I lent the first bundle to a friend on a semi permanent basis, I went ahead and added the two discs from the first bundle that are still in stock to get free shipping. Hopefully Sabbath and Alice Cooper will be back in stock when Bundle #4 hits and I'll add those as well. If I end up with dupes no big deal I'll just sell them

Edit: I'm now reading the blurb, after I ordered - three of these discs are listed as containing "original quad mix" (with Miles of Aisles being noted as "previously unreleased") while For the Roses is listed as "new quad mix by Bruce Botnick" - was this originally intended to be released as quad but just never even mixed?

Last edited:
Back