JVC 4VN-880 specifications

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1508

I have just got this quad amp. can anyone here help me with some specs for this piece :51banana:

hede said:
I have just got this quad amp. can anyone here help me with some specs for this piece :51banana:
Hi,
I can scan original JVC 4VN - 880 Instruction Book, if you still need it.

stilec

stilec said:
Hi,

stilec
Thank you very much I would be happy if you would do that.

hede

stilec said:
Hi,

stilec

Hello hello. Glad to see I'm not the only person on the planet who owns this amplifier? :D I bought mine for $80AU about 10 years ago, and it's been very good, apart from the speaker-protection relay toggling when the amplifier is cold...I have to leave it on all the time, or it takes a few days for the relay to stabalise :confused: Anyhow, I was wondering if the offer of that manual is still good, if so I would love a copy too :) Thanks very much!

I have just purchased a JVC 4VN-880 and a SEA-V7E. At least for the 4VN-880 I need a service manual, and one for the SEA-V7E should also be nice to have. It seems they are not available on the net, at least not the SEA-V7E. I have placed an order at http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/ for the 4VN-880, but they do not have it ready for download yet. Eventually it will arrive, I hope.
So if someone could help out with service manuals/schematics I will be very happy.

Best regds
Rolv-Karsten

Hehe, hej! ...after these years I'm still subscribed to this thread, got an email this morning (y) :)

Rolv-Karsten, I think you emailed me the brochures and user manuals a long time ago, I still have those but no service manual; they're not of any use to you? Happy to send you 4VN-880 parts from Australia at no charge is you need, just shipping.

Good luck with it, what kind of condition is it in? I have a Luxman 5L15 and a tube amp to keep me happy now, but I still miss the JVC sound sometimes...will repair it one day :rolleyes:

Hello, I remember we emailed some years ago. I got the 4VN-880 from Germany. It works. Some pop noise in the left front channel. Seems the rears are OK. All VU meters working, but one lamp does not. Needs cleaning, and probably new capacitors. The front seems fine, some scratches on the top (the horisontal part of the front). The SEA-V7E has not arrived yet. From germany as well.

I still have the brochures of the 4VN-880, and downloaded the operating manual.
I have scanned quite a lot more old papers from JVC and others. Maybe someone would like PDFs of this?

-RK

i'm also looking for a service manual for the 4vn-880. the instruction manual is on the page http://www.hifiengine.com/library.php?make=JVC

@rolvkarsten:
you have old JVC papers? can you tell me which one?

regards, klaus

--------------
I'll make a list. Is there a place to place them? Your page, maybe, or at this QQ forum?
I got the Service Manual for the 4VN-880. Sold me as a service manual, but actually only the schematics.

regds
RK

Hello, I'd like to ask your opinion about this ampli. I have one, and being a total n00b I don't know if it's worth keeping it or placing it on eBay. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I haven't used my amp on decent speakers yet. It is still located at my office desk. I am very unsure about 35 years old amplifiers. Levinsons, Thresholds and Electrocompaniet amps from the 70ties can be quite good, but JVC and all those...? (incl Sony, Philips and so on and so forth.)
But ley me give it a try. But we have to rearrange the house first. Heavy building process!

RK

Yes, I can do that. In fact I have it as a PDF or JPEG on a harddisk. Just allow me time to dig it out.

Regarding the sound of the 4VN-880, I have used it now and then, also on good speakers, and with DVD-Audio and SACD as source, it was surprisingly good. Maybe a little dull compared to newer designs, maybe a veil covering up so to speak. But the power amplifier section was quite capable. And the preamplifier part was not bad. Not much noise to speak about with the speakers I used. I did not use the RIAA part much as I used my turntable via a 4DD-5 for CD-4 demodulation.

Maybe the sound will be better if I change all the old capacitors in the circuit. Haven't had time for that yet.

rolvkarsten,
please check your email, have send you a PDF of the service manual for 4VN-880 - you could replace my schematic with yours (as your one is much clearer than the original I was given).

then post it here when finished (or is there a PDF section for service manuals?).

Back