Kansas needs love too

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Point of know return...my favorite kansas..even have it on lp sitting in a box still today...in surround an instant buy

Saw them couple times live....their fantastic

Had a older lady who used to work for me years ago...she liked classical music...me be rock m roll not owning any classical played her Kansas...showed her lp w all the instrument s they played...she loved it

While at Waterloo Records in Austin with my brother-in-law last week, he asked which Kansas CD he should buy. I told him couldn’t go wrong with the S/T debut. He was blown away when we cranked it later at his house.

I bought the Kansas Original Album Classics containing their first 5 albums a while back and I still consider them one of the best and most important American prog bands of all time.

SSULLY should consider smoking something other than crack.

While at Waterloo Records in Austin with my brother-in-law last week, he asked which Kansas CD he should buy. I told him couldn’t go wrong with the S/T debut. He was blown away when we cranked it later at his house.

Interesting. The first album doesn't usually get a lot of accolades, except for Journey from Mariabronn. I like it a lot though. I've heard Kansas' style called "boogie rock", the offspring of Yes and the Allman Brothers. Yeah, kinda.

Interesting. The first album doesn't usually get a lot of accolades, except for Journey from Mariabronn. I like it a lot though. I've heard Kansas' style called "boogie rock", the offspring of Yes and the Allman Brothers. Yeah, kinda.
I've always loved that first album. I always remember the first time I ever heard it. I was at home (about 13 or 14? at the time) and a friend from just down the street called and invited me over for whatever. I said sure and went back to my room to turn off the radio and "Can I Tell You' came on. It caught my attention and I waited until the end of the song hoping the dj would come on and tell me who it was. But they went straight to the next song so I went over to his house. I get there and he has this new record he wants me to hear and, Wow!, its the same song I just heard. The rest of the album impressed me just as much. I got to dj at that same station one night and on Sunday night's they played album sides so that was the first one I played.
Anyway, I'm a big fan of their first five albums and would buy any of them in a heartbeat if they came out in surround.

K

Back