King Crimson - Live in Argentina 2xDVD-A/V concert film with lossless audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another reason is that is quite cumbersome on the viewer side. The switching between "angles" is usually rather slow and to watch another angle you have to rewind. Yes it eats space, but the maximum DVD bitrate is of no concern as each angle has it's own max bit rate (the angles are on the disc placed after each other and the player skips over the angles not played).
If the angle features, in stead, were added as extra's on a disc would use the same disc space (and often more easy to navigate).

Yes and no - whilst it is indeed true that swapping angles will dump you backwards (in exactly the same way switching audio streams on a DVDA will also dump you back to the start of the track), there are issues with bitrate - using multi-angle reduces your maximum available bitrate as detailed below.

• 5 angles or fewer: 8 Mbps maximum for the track’s combined bit rate
  • 6–8 angles: 7.5 Mbps maximum for the track’s combined bit rate
  • 9 angles: 7 Mbps maximum for the track’s combined bit rate

Just watched disc 2 last night.
Better performance than disc 1 and a bit less out of focus camerawork (still, 1/4 of the shots are OOF).
The mix sounds like a quad preproduction "monitor" mix.

Poll please?

Being a HUGE KC Fan - I have to say that I'm disappointed with the mix.

Sonically it sounds pretty good, but there ain't much happening in the rears apart from the applause at the end of tracks...

As kap says a lot of the picture is out of focus.. it seems to go out of focus when they get to some interesting playing techniques :(.

Personally I prefer to listen and watch the video, so a Blu-ray (I'm sure it would have fitted on one disc as a blu-ray) would be better to get the hi-rez audio while watching the video.

On the other hand - at least we do have hi-rez audio & video content....its an interesting mix of content.

I think I'd recommend Deja Vroom over this....

I'm grateful that it's even being released. I don't think it could ever be judged in the same breath as any of the studio album DVD-As. I have adjusted my expectations accordingly to appreciate whatever there is when it arrives. Perhaps other projects will follow.

Perhaps the safest recommendation is to get both as they reflect very different aims at different times in the band's history.

I see this very much as a collectors club issue with teh bonus of MLP.

Like all the collectors club stuff its High Archive quality and not studio quality.

I applaud DGM/Robert Fripp for doing something different for the fans

anyone at the same issue as me listening to those concert, disk 1 sometimes, there is some distortion in the rear speakers. other than this, and the out of focus moments, this is some great video archives from this band.

Back