KOSS PRO/4aa Stereophones

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q8

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Heya, tonight I found a pair of KOSS PRO/4aa at the thrift store for 5.99. In the box, with the instructions, warranty card, little tag that would have been attached to them new, brocure and reciepts and store warranty info. Paperwork tucked back into the plastic sleeve it came in. They were purchased at a local hi-fi store with a large Pioneer stereo equipment order. In the box, I found a pioneer 45 adapter that I'm guessing came with the PL-71 that he bought on his mid 70's audio shopping spree (his total order was 810.33). They are in mint condition cosmetically but I have not tested them as of yet.

I'm guessing there also may be some interest in scans of the brocure, as the KOSS brocure also has the PHASE/2+22 Quadraphone and programmer, the K/2+2 Quadraphone and the K/6LCQ Quadraphone.

Whoever owned these kept them and all the paperwork and box immaculate. Looking online I see this is a notorios model for being one of the first real high quality headphones.

You know whats funny was I had some ding dong in a chat room last night trying to say that he had the best headphones ever cause he had Beats By Dre.

Does anyone here have the PHASE/2+22 Quadraphone and programmer? I think I may have seen the phones before, but they were sans the programmer box. I would like to see better pics of the programmer box/balance remote/whatever you want to call it. That really seems neat. It seems like a way to add a balance/volume remote to any quad reciever that is accomodating of quad headphones (like the reciever I have)

I found some pics of them on another thread, still not sure what all those buttons do.

That programmer was integrated into the headphone cords, and could not be removed. I used to have a pair back in the day. I think I bought the last pair the store ever had. Silver box, pretty high tech at the time. As I recall, they really didn't do that much more than other quad headphones I had, but they looked great! I sent away for the QS LP, got that, so that was cool.

I think I remember that a quad collector, maybe Brian Moura(?), bought out the remaining stock of the QS LPs from somewhere and sold them way before the internet days. Memory fragments are bouncing around inside my empty head! :mad:@:

While I am greatful to have found the PRO/4aa phones in such amazing condition in the box with all the paperwork, I cant imagine the size of the brick I would have passed if I found PHASE/2+2's in that same condition.

I sold hundreds of pairs of Pro 4AA's. I own K6LCQ Koss Quads. I had 2+2's for a while. To me, that little control box is a joke. Koss Quads and everyone else's are crap as far as front to rear separation goes. I prefer my Superex QT-4B Quads. They sound better and fit around the ear, rather than on top of it. Better yet, my Superex stereo cans.

Back