LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a whim I stopped at the Goodwilll that's near where I work tonight after work. I found some good records, but even better I bought a couple awesome pieces of equipment.

The first thing is a Centrex by Pioneer RH-65. I can had this to my Pioneer recorder collection with my HR-99 and HR-100. Seems to have all the same features of an HR-100. $20

The second thing I found was a Sony TC-258 Quad 8-Track deck. $10

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130417_015219.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130417_015219.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 182
Here is a TC-258

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130417_015825.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130417_015825.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 176
Oppo BDP-105. All the great things I read in the Oppo reviews are true. Everything sounds so good now. I'll be working my way through my collection and loving every minute. I may have reached that point in time when I can actually believe that I don't need to replace anything in my system.

Oppo BDP-105. All the great things I read in the Oppo reviews are true. Everything sounds so good now. I'll be working my way through my collection and loving every minute. I may have reached that point in time when I can actually believe that I don't need to replace anything in my system.

That 105 has taken you to the top of your audio dreams. that's COOL. (y)

It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on! :yikes

l replaced the lamps on the QRX-5500 for the meters and cleaned the inside and out. I found a few blown 3.15 fuses underneath and replaced them and they didnt blow on start up. I measured the DC offset and it was acceptable. I use the syringe with liquid deoxit for the hard to reach componets. The Sansui sounds very good.

National Panasonic SH-3400 was covered in plastic wrap. Its nice to get packages that the seller knows how to pack. I am 57 and have only 1 month left of child support via the State of Florida. My daughter will be graduating High School/College (2 years) in June. Its nice to share the music and equipment with her. Life is good. Its not fair but its not supposed to be.

I've kind of cheated with my Octophonic setup. I'm using an M-Audio Firewire 410 interface for it.
m-audio-firewire-410-557109.jpg

At the moment I've just got it connected to 4 identical pairs of computer speakers, but at low volumes they actually perform pretty well. For a total cost of about $120 for an interface and 8 identical speakers....
Very cool way to get into this game without spending a fortune.

I would like to hear the ocotphonic setup. Everything is realitive I have been very content listening to computer speakers.

I havent tried the Dokorder to see if it works. I cleaned the tape path and its a plus that it turns on and all the lamps light and it didnt go up in smoke when I applied power. Its complete nothing appears to be missing and it looks like someone took care of the 1140. I always like to see what it looks like inside, all the fasteners present, nothing butchered or foil on the fuses.

I got an Oppo 83 second hand and has played every disc I have thrown at it, including mkv files of TV shows from the USB. Beautiful.

Just ordered one of these.

RP1-cool-grey-cut-out.gif

My problem is I like being in complete control, and the only album that i can find with a track for each stereo set is Zaireeka. I was asking in another thread how to rip a 5.1 audio DVD into 6 audio files, but haven't gotten an answer.

Using a midi keyboard and Mainstage with different patches and effects coming out of each speaker is very cool.

Back