LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jack you sure find cool gear. That 777 looks so clean inside. I can only imagine what your work shop looks like with all the vintage gear. Do you sell any of it? You get any new decantors. Sure was some strong storms yesterday one more round this morning. Mid 80s all next week. Good to hear from you
aaDSC04041900nude.jpg
Panasonic SA 6400X 4 channel receiver. The reflection is a Pioneer CT-F900 that was getting new belts installed. The Panasonic is missing some knobs and caps but it works and sounds good.
aaDSC04035sx6400ref.jpg
aaDSC04067sx6400ref.jpg
aaDSC04061sx6400refff.jpg
aaDSC04062sx6400ref.jpg
Supporting the Panasonic is a Made in the USA Magnavox MX 1560 receiver.

aDSC03980nartech650.jpg
Good to hear from you too. The Sansui was clean inside I bought it a couple of months ago. I am running out of room my house is almost wall to wall equipment and other collectables.

The weather this week was a taste of spring with the atmosphere getting active in Florida. You know the weather can be intense. I havent posted much hear in the last few months.This Marantz came in the factory box in pieces, I have another one like this that only has one channel. Time to get some sleep.

Hey Jack and Fish-you guys could be long lost brothers. You both are loaded up with 70's stuff! Very cool!
flebay is loaded with it. I often browse and some of it is going for twice what it was new. makes me sick. The int. in old stuff. I found in the house I bought years ago a box with plastic car models parts, and one or two ship models. Not a lot of it-but ended up with a quick $150.00 cash! With all the models I burned up and tossed out as a kid. I would be a rich man today. same with the audio stuff. If Wooda-shooda- cooda.

Frikin amazing amp. multi channel balanced ports. I bet it has a nice sound, especially if paired with some nice speakers-your up in the high end now.

Frikin amazing amp. multi channel balanced ports. I bet it has a nice sound, especially if paired with some nice speakers-your up in the high end now.

Thanks. I use it with Martin Logan Theos main speakers, Martin Logan Motif center speaker, Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surrounds, and a Martin-Logan Abyss subwoofer, with a Parasound Halo A51 5-channel amp.

All my friends kept telling me those eight connections on the back of my B&K preamp were for grounded electric. :yikes Of course, they all own Bose. So, I hooked them up to both the amps and preamp. It still didn't work until I hooked up the regular AC connections, though.

Seriously, I used to be a Marantz, Martin Logan & B&K dealer (and Bose, too.) Very nice gear you have there.

66220590.jpg
10-15-2012_002.JPG

Thanks. I use it with Martin Logan Theos main speakers, Martin Logan Motif center speaker, Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 surrounds, and a Martin-Logan Abyss subwoofer, with a Parasound Halo A51 5-channel amp.

amazing speakers! would love to hear them. The only problem is - I have trouble going backwards, I mean
like the old phrase, "how you gonna keep them down on the farm, after they see Paris?" This has always been my problem. It began the 1st time I heard a quality stereo at school. I went home that night and tossed my GE record player, and it took a few years before I got a decent little, and I mean small system.
FRom then on I have only gone up. Trouble is, the F'n sky is the limit. My friend caught the upgrade bug years ago, and went out with no self control, a small wallet, and big dreams. TG I know my limits-like dirty Harry says"every ones gotta know his limitations".

That would look a bit cleaner without a dozen or so logos stuck all over it.

I think those stickers just peel off. I have left them on some equipment not even thinking about it. Here is the ON/OFF switch from the QRX-777. I cleaned off the old grease and noticed some aluminum foil in the push button cover. I guess the button wasnt being pushed far enought in to latch the swithc. You can see the little latch in the switch
aaajvc5456DSC04138.jpg
aaajvc5456DSC04142.jpg
Bottom view QRX-777.

aasundayjugstackDSC04238.jpg
I did get a decantaur for free. I bought a couple Reel to Reels and the house was being sold the owner died. His brother was selling his estate and the Teac and AKai RR were the only two pieces left plus some assorted knak kniks.

I missed the recording studio that was sold. His brother was from out of town and the house was sold to the bank (for a parking lot). It was an old beach house built in the early 60's. The Akai RR has a 8 track and speakers.
aasundayDSC04214heathfrntjvc.jpg
Good Night and have a pleasant Today!

You sure do have it going on over there Jack It is like Quad gear Disney style. I like how you displayed the moonshine jug. Here is my latest decantor004.jpg 1978 jim beam northern pike

aasundayDSC04212heathtran.jpg
aaheathkit4champDSC04210.jpg
aasundayDSC04219moto.jpg
Thats a nice decanteaur I hope I spelled that right. I am getting a little tired.

Here is a couple interior shots of the Heathknit. I hate those straight slotted screws. I doesnt have a cover so I started to bend one from sheetmetal. The build quality looks pretty good. I would like to find the owners manual. Its nice to post again. I hope everyone is enjoying all of the equipment we have.

Mr Moto wants to go "Walkies*.

Back