LED ZEPPELIN "HOW THE WEST WAS WON"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my review copies and was somewhat surprised to discover this....

The precedent is the 24/48 Last Waltz disc - presume it may be for reasons of space, and possibly the "mobile studio" nature of live recordings not being perceived to justify higher res transfers, in both cases - I will ask Kevin Shirley...

R8der said:
It says 48khz in the release....shouldn't it be higher than that for DVD-A? I thought 48khz was what's used for CD's?

R8der

Redbook cds are 44.1khz

DVD is 48khz and above

From the web site: How The West Was Won' was originally released as a 3CD set on 26th May 2003, the same day as 'Led Zeppelin DVD'. This mammoth DVD double disc contains five and a half-hours of previously unreleased concert footage, TV coverage, rare interviews, promotional clip and bootleg material in Dolby digital 5.1 Surround Sound. None of the material on the DVD is duplicated on the triple CD or double disc DVD-Audio album. - ** Does this mean that the DVD-A will be different songs, cuts from different shows, or what ???

bear said:
None of the material on the DVD is duplicated on the triple CD or double disc DVD-Audio album. - ** Does this mean that the DVD-A will be different songs, cuts from different shows, or what ???

The cd and the DVD-A are the same.... but the DVD-V has completely different performances.

Read that again; the DVD (video) will not contain the tracks found on the CD or DVD-A audio releases. So nothing new here, just more thunder.

In the DVD booklet, Page himself explains that they didn't have a lot to choose from for these release as people think. But he certainly choose the supreme material for these releases.....

Other live audio projects could certainly be release by the shrewd organzation with a past publishing company called Superhype....!

timbre4 said:
Other live audio projects could certainly be release by the shrewd organzation with a past publishing company called Superhype....!

Lets just have the original albums released on DVD-A. :smokin I think that would have a big impact on uptake. Maybe even the new DVD-A/CD that Warner are developing :friday:

Back