Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a bummer. Somebody has filed a copyright claim on the video. I have disputed it. They have 30 days to respond.
Reviews are supposed to be fair use...
**Edit** UMe filed the claim. If this isn't resolved in a week I'll recut and upload.

Ugh. This is so what I hate about the music industry. Mike, you tirelessly and without pay provide a glowing review of their product (just because of your shear passion for the music) that could get many people to buy said product that weren't aware of it's greatness and how do they (UMe) treat you, like crap by filing a claim.

Hey music industry, "sampling" music for a review isn't a bad thing for the industry so stop taking your copyright infrigement tolerance to ultimate zero everytime, you are just shooting yourself in the foot, exactly like you did with napster and to quote my favorite Scarface line "Look at you now!"

Tony Montana : Bet you feel good, huh? Bet you feel good to kill a mother and her kids, huh, bet you feel *big*...

Alberto: callate (Shut your mouth!)

Tony Montana : ...Like, you big man. Well, fuck you. What do you think I am? You think I'd kill two kids and a woman? Fuck that! I don't need that shit in my life.

[Alberto reaches for detonator's button]

Tony Montana : You die, motherfucker!

[Tony shoots him in the head]

Tony Montana : What'd you think of that, huh? What you think, I'm a fucking worm like you? I told you, man, I told you! Don't fuck with me! I told you, no fucking kids! No, but you wouldn't listen, why, you stupid fuck, look at you now.

...a glowing review of their product (just because of your shear passion for the music) that could get many people to buy said product that weren't aware of it's greatness...
Case in point, I have already received inquiries about where to buy the AFtK 40th box.

It's interesting to me that UMe didn't file a claim on the Hemispheres videos. It could be that I tagged this one better, putting it on their radar.
Not sure! o_O

In honor of 200 subscribers, here is a review of one of my absolute favorite surround albums, to date:
Rush A Farewell to Kings 40th Anniversary Steven Wilson Remix

Alright Baggins, you sealed the deal for me with those diagrams :)

Less than 10 left in stock at Amazon for a solid price, IMO. I suspect this one may go the way of the Layla box in the future...

Last edited:
In honor of 200 subscribers, here is a review of one of my absolute favorite surround albums, to date:
Rush A Farewell to Kings 40th Anniversary Steven Wilson Remix

Unboxing, graphic and musical examples of the mix. Plus a Latin lesson, explaining how to really say A Farewell to Kings!

Awesome job Mike, the diagrams just take it to a whole new level for me, looking forward to what comes next!

edisonbaggins said:
KC TRoL/TPtB CD/DVD Review:

Mike, a VERY BIG 2 (y)(y) UP for your presentation. Liked all the cut~a~ways which added greatly to your presentation and glad to see you've really got your mojo working ..... the sparkle in your eyes is back which added greatly to your very enthusiastic review.

As I haven't received my two DVD~As from Deep Discount as of yet, I felt like I did through your analysis of remixer David Singleton's remixes and of course, you did, aptly through your graphs, give us a nice description of where are the instruments and vocals were placed within the soundstage.

And glad you highlighted the fact that King Crimson has released all of their core albums in LOSSLESS 5.1 Surround and that they very considerately released them as stand alone editions apart from the pricier and more inclusive box sets.

One could only wish that all these 5.1 remixes would likewise be released as stand alone editions apart from their sometimes ridiculously priced box sets for casual rather than rabid fans which I'm sure would result in more appreciable sales figures.

Father's Day Special 2019:

Discussed:
Jackson Browne
Dutton-Vocalion (Atkins, Poco, Bartok)
Alison Krauss + Union Station
Steven Wison
Bruce Soord
Big Big Train
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
The Beatles
Eric Clapton
Temple of the Dog
Katatonia
Chris Cornell
Soundgarden
and more!

Happy Father's Day, all!

Great video Mike. (y)
Thanks, my man!

My Father's Day, unfortunately fell apart for a while. Triggered super-bad by my brother at a BBQ. My son was napping, which was good. I walked the 5 miles home. Found out after 3 miles that my nephew was tailing me and we had a really good talk. Mrs. B brought Lil B home when he woke up and we spent the evening with some kind neighbors. Sigh...

(n)o_O(y)

Thanks, my man!

My Father's Day, unfortunately fell apart for a while. Triggered super-bad by my brother at a BBQ. My son was napping, which was good. I walked the 5 miles home. Found out after 3 miles that my nephew was tailing me and we had a really good talk. Mrs. B brought Lil B home when he woke up and we spent the evening with some kind neighbors. Sigh...

(n)o_O(y)

Sorry to hear FD was somewhat of a bust. I have but one sister who lives in Southern Cali and ever since my parents passed away we've been at odds with one another. The oil and vinegar syndrome ..... for SURE!

Keep up those marvelous videos ........accentuate the POSITIVE ........

Thanks, my man!

(n)o_O(y)

Oh wow.....sorry bout that. I've had my share of mucho drama in previous years......not so much these days.

Oh wow.....sorry bout that. I've had my share of mucho drama in previous years......not so much these days.
FWIW, everybody was super-sorry about what happened, after the fact. It is hard for friends (including here, evidently) and family to come to terms with mental illness. How to respond. Warning signs. All that.
There is lots of love to cover the situation, just really sad that it happened.

Thanks, my man!

(n)o_O(y)
I’m sorry to hear about your Father’s Day experience. I’m glad at least that your son missed out on the proceedings. Hold him close and everyday will be Father’s Day.

Back