Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Piece of Mind but any time one of your favorite bands wants to write a song about Dune, the Herberts say no and the band says 'fuck it' and does it anyway ... well you have a winner.

A very special drop in, just in time for Spring/Summer - an LIS ball cap - THANK YOU BAGGY!!!! :SB

LIS BALL CAP.jpg

A little back story on J. Pup's hat:

It was a test print, from the Life in Surround print on demand shop I set up a while back. Shirts, hats, and such.
He and I were discussing CD-4 set up, most likely.
I mentioned the hat as an oh, btw type of thing. A little too stiff, for my tastes. He responded saying that is the sort of cap he likes and that he'd rock an LiS hat proudly. Or something like that.
I think I told him I'd send it to him. Or I thought it...
Anyway, he has been a really great friend, so I finally sent it to him, as I came across it reorganizing my house.

I ordered some golf hat/dad hats that are softer, and somebody just bought one yesterday! Thank you for that. LiS earnings go back into LiS. The hope being it will be a fun and helpful resource for a long time to come. Until Blu-ray finally dies!!! 😅

Anyway, thank you, Pup. Your friendship really does mean a lot to me. As with all my friends here.

💕

Baggy

An Interview with Stephen W Tayler
Career Insights and Mixing Howard Jones in 5.1 Surround

A very special thank you to @Stephen W Tayler for sharing his time, energy, and vast knowledge with me, and with all of you!

We apologize for the somewhat less than stellar video quality, at times. We encountered some unavoidable technical difficulties, but we both feel that the information here is too precious to fuss over video quality. We will, however, strive for higher quality with subsequent videos...

Excellent Mike , thanks .Here’s what I picked up from the interview.(what a great down to earth guy btw)

More mixes in the pipeline from SWT
, 5 more to probably be announced later on …and more behind that (they just keep coming he said)
A couple ICONIC releases !
And another Hawkwind announcement coming soon.
These are great times for us surround-ophiles!!!

An Interview with Stephen W Tayler
Career Insights and Mixing Howard Jones in 5.1 Surround

A very special thank you to @Stephen W Tayler for sharing his time, energy, and vast knowledge with me, and with all of you!

We apologize for the somewhat less than stellar video quality, at times. We encountered some unavoidable technical difficulties, but we both feel that the information here is too precious to fuss over video quality. We will, however, strive for higher quality with subsequent videos...

Just outstanding! Thanks for doing this Mike, and @Stephen W Tayler, you are a joy to listen to. Such a kind gentleman! Cannot wait to hear more of your work in the next few years.

It's really interesting to get to know someone like SWT who until recent years, as far as we're concerned, has basically been hanging around in the shadows of our record collections -- as far back as our teens, in fact. It's a new era for audio engineers. No longer are they confined to the small print of the credits and thank yous in the liner notes. They are emerging and proving to be celebrities themselves.
Thank you for the Life in Surround interview.

Last edited:
Back