Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really loving the Kacey Musgraves' Deeper Well album. Great production and mix. Immersive engineers are Jordon Silva and Ryan Hewitt. The latter also responsible for her other atmos stuff which sounds equally great. A lot of the same names in the credits as on previous albums. And why change a winning team? Having Greg Calbi on the prodution team is probably also a splendid idea soundwise. Time for a blu-ray soon? I am hoping for it.

Plenty of things to like about this album. I do like the vocal arrangments either it's Kacey's voice being doubled/tripled/... or doing background vocals herself or Daniel Tashian and other band members doing harmonies. The mix is very precise and nicely levelled which makes the vocals shine. Check out the end of 'Sway'. One could argue that the guitars could have been mixed with a bit more brightness and maybe bottom, but I find they match the vocal very well the way it's done. I also like the small hints to/inspiration from other artists that shines through. E.g. the start of track 1 being very Mama and Papas' California Dreamin', the bass in track 2 which resembles Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side and the peak of Anime Eyes where she suddenly sounds like Olivia Rodrigo.

If you're not sure this is for you, do listen to a few tracks before you abandon it. Hard to make recommendations since there are so many great tracks, but try at least Cardinal and Jade Green. We have a Norwegian expression that translates to 'being like conditioner for your soul'. I feel this is just what this album is. No hard edges just soothing and beautifull. Everyone needs that in between and often on Sundays, either it's after a hard work week og lively Saturday. :)
Well thank you for finally sending me off down this rabbit hole:) Even worse, I've even made myself a best of playlist using all five studio albums... 🤠
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...st-in-dolby-atmos-streaming.35231/post-766228

Can’t stop listening to this new AURORA single.
Best single of the bunch we’ve gotten recently, but I think sadly not as strong as the others mix wise.
Different link here in Norway. Aurora is Norwegian. Maybe that's why... Anyway she's a great artist and we are very proud of her.

Howard Jones - Celebrating Together
Six mixes by Bob Clearmountain
https://tidal.com/album/347018835
Fun mixes (as one would expect with Bob Clearmountain)! However, there's one annoying facet: all of the tracks start with *at least* seven seconds of silence. In the case of Hide And Seek, it's literally twelve seconds of silence before any music comes in. 😬

Fun mixes (as one would expect with Bob Clearmountain)! However, there's one annoying facet: all of the tracks start with *at least* seven seconds of silence. In the case of Hide And Seek, it's literally twelve seconds of silence before any music comes in. 😬
I was wondering what was up with that!

Howard Jones - Celebrating Together
Six mixes by Bob Clearmountain
https://tidal.com/album/347018835
Thanks thanks for this, very fun mixes. Mouth open when atmos take effect in classic tracks like What is Love and Things can only get better. Have known this track for ages, and did not imagine can get to next level of enjoyment with Atmos.
Bring all 80s and 90s classic album to Atmos!

Back