Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now oddly, it's gone. Very strange.
giphy.gif

I love surround, it's always getting me to try music which I would have never otherwise given a chance, that I sometimes end up loving. This is a such a case.

This 1994 album is largely credited as the birth of alt-rock in China.
I don't understand the lyrics, but the music is great, with a pretty fun surround mix that works better on some tracks than others. Highly recommended. This album will be in my rotation for a while.

Kacey Musgraves' new album now available in full. Hopefully as good Atmos as usual from her.
Really loving the Kacey Musgraves' Deeper Well album. Great production and mix. Immersive engineers are Jordon Silva and Ryan Hewitt. The latter also responsible for her other atmos stuff which sounds equally great. A lot of the same names in the credits as on previous albums. And why change a winning team? Having Greg Calbi on the prodution team is probably also a splendid idea soundwise. Time for a blu-ray soon? I am hoping for it.

Plenty of things to like about this album. I do like the vocal arrangments either it's Kacey's voice being doubled/tripled/... or doing background vocals herself or Daniel Tashian and other band members doing harmonies. The mix is very precise and nicely levelled which makes the vocals shine. Check out the end of 'Sway'. One could argue that the guitars could have been mixed with a bit more brightness and maybe bottom, but I find they match the vocal very well the way it's done. I also like the small hints to/inspiration from other artists that shines through. E.g. the start of track 1 being very Mama and Papas' California Dreamin', the bass in track 2 which resembles Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side and the peak of Anime Eyes where she suddenly sounds like Olivia Rodrigo.

If you're not sure this is for you, do listen to a few tracks before you abandon it. Hard to make recommendations since there are so many great tracks, but try at least Cardinal and Jade Green. We have a Norwegian expression that translates to 'being like conditioner for your soul'. I feel this is just what this album is. No hard edges just soothing and beautifull. Everyone needs that in between and often on Sundays, either it's after a hard work week og lively Saturday. :)

Really loving the Kacey Musgraves' Deeper Well album. Great production and mix. Immersive engineers are Jordon Silva and Ryan Hewitt. The latter also responsible for her other atmos stuff which sounds equally great. A lot of the same names in the credits as on previous albums. And why change a winning team? Having Greg Calbi on the prodution team is probably also a splendid idea soundwise. Time for a blu-ray soon? I am hoping for it.

Plenty of things to like about this album. I do like the vocal arrangments either it's Kacey's voice being doubled/tripled/... or doing background vocals herself or Daniel Tashian and other band members doing harmonies. The mix is very precise and nicely levelled which makes the vocals shine. Check out the end of 'Sway'. One could argue that the guitars could have been mixed with a bit more brightness and maybe bottom, but I find they match the vocal very well the way it's done. I also like the small hints to/inspiration from other artists that shines through. E.g. the start of track 1 being very Mama and Papas' California Dreamin', the bass in track 2 which resembles Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side and the peak of Anime Eyes where she suddenly sounds like Olivia Rodrigo.

If you're not sure this is for you, do listen to a few tracks before you abandon it. Hard to make recommendations since there are so many great tracks, but try at least Cardinal and Jade Green. We have a Norwegian expression that translates to 'being like conditioner for your soul'. I feel this is just what this album is. No hard edges just soothing and beautifull. Everyone needs that in between and often on Sundays, either it's after a hard work week og lively Saturday. :)
Sounds awesome 😎

I gotta agree about the Djesse, I quit after a couple songs. It's just too much...
In my opinion the album is one that gets progressively better beyond track one and two. I thought they adopted the surprising approach of ‘show the worst first’.( Eg.Track one appeared to me to have much of the low-end sucked out of it.)

When her catalogue was a feature on Apple Music last year most of them were straight up Up-Mixes, now that Apple is really policing up-mix stuff, I am guessing that it got rejected from Apple Music this time.
Could be, it's not like Apple to not have something in Atmos. Although I doubt they check any of the mixes before they get uploaded tbh... There's plenty of older stuff still appearing that's derived from upmxing.

Even though it's a new listing unfortunately it looks the case with this album. Quite disappointing for something recorded in 1985.

Friday night, I did manage to listen to a new Bon Jovi song, in Atmos/Apple. As far as I know, it's the only song from new album dropped in Atmos. Any wagers about SDE doing a standalone BDE on this title?
nice one! 😋

here's the link..

and an Atmos Bon Jovi track from Christmas..

Friday night, I did manage to listen to a new Bon Jovi song, in Atmos/Apple. As far as I know, it's the only song from new album dropped in Atmos. Any wagers about SDE doing a standalone BDA on this title?
I’d say that the odds are very low given SDE’s track record for exclusive releases from U.S. artists.

Back