Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sampling this Sinatra, vocals in front, orchestra in surrounds & heights.
Classic tracks.

The Nothing But the Best compilation album is a two-for-one: It collects not only the most beloved tracks from Frank Sinatra's Reprise years, but also some of the best tunes in the entire American Songbook. Here, the singer's strutting enunciation injects extra pep into "The Way You Look Tonight," his inimitably cool voice expressing every ounce of the lyrics' joy. "The Girl from Ipanema," meanwhile, leaves the U.S. entirely, with the Chairman sliding gracefully down the bossa nova classic.

Today’s *new* releases:
Sheryl Crow’s Evolution:
And the Deluxe, which has a bonus song with Peter Gabriel… in track #2’s slot? Very strange
This one’s making waves in my music circles though I haven’t gotten to it yet, drawing Dua Lipa comparisons
Blu DeTiger - All I Ever Want Is Everything
And from last week, but a glowing review from YouTube Music Critic Anthony Fantano this morning brought to my attention:
Julia Holter - Something In The Room She Moves
Julia Holter is a real original. She's got a varied back catalog and some YouTube appearances worth seeking out. Great Atmos mix that I'd love to be able to buy. (Looking at you, ImmersiveAudioAlbum.com!)

The surprise Sheryl Crow album is solid. Good 5.1 mix, but on many (most?) tracks there's almost nothing happening up top...?

Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do

View attachment 74573

https://tidal.com/browse/album/197385649Can't find on Apple Music just now?

Sounds better than the 5.1 I'd say. To be honest I'm not sure if this recording will ever yield a fantastic surround experience? But I like how this sounds in Atmos and love the songs!

If anyone wants a chuckle I always love looking at this clip of Bowie and Frampton walking around the centre of Madrid trying to grab a beer! 😁🍻

I listened to this streaming Atmos last night Will, and I thought it was pretty good. Actually heard a few things differently than I have heard before.
Is it still the #1 Live Album of all time?

Back