Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I listened to this streaming Atmos last night Will, and I thought it was pretty good. Actually heard a few things differently than I have heard before.
Is it still the #1 Live Album of all time?
It has a good live mix, but not much else than crowd noise and ambiance/reverb in the rears on my setup, but I only listened to 3-4 songs as it didn't grab me. As for live albums my top two are Thin Lizzy-Live and Dangerous and Little Feat-Wating for Columbus. :)

I listened to this streaming Atmos last night Will, and I thought it was pretty good. Actually heard a few things differently than I have heard before.
Is it still the #1 Live Album of all time?
Ha good investigating Markie… I think that was an earlier Atmos mix of just one song but I could be wrong? I always think that video of Bowie and Frampton walking around Madrid looking for a beer is legendary!

To be honest I’ve never listened to the whole of Frampton Comes Alive to know how good a live album it is? 😬 This Atmos mix gives me a good chance to remedy that (I even have the SACD) and I know it’s pretty legendary. Part of me is kinda sad there’s no studio version of these songs though? Or I could be wrong and maybe just missed it? Sounds like the new Atmos mix makes a good show of it…

Best live album of all time is a big one! 🤔 I’m not qualified enough to know but I guess you’ve got a few contenders like the Stop Making Sense tour from Talking Heads and Queen’s Live Aid slot. But this one must be up there too…

Personally, I’m going for something a bit more left field - and it’s only because I love the sound of it in quad!

It’s…. 🥁

Perry Como - In Person At The International Hotel, Las Vegas!
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...nternational-hotel-las-vegas-1970-sacd.21598/

I love the way it sounds on my system. Need to check out some more upcoming gigs perhaps?! 😄

Why isn’t Mr Big's debut album on Apple Music in atmos yet? Their 2nd Lean Into It as been on there for some time
Similarly, no Free Hand, but In'terview and (hopefully in full soon) The Missing Piece are in Atmos on AM
One more mysteriously missing release: while there are Trouble Is... 25 and even Dirt on My Diamonds, Vol. 1 by Kenny Wayne Shepherd present in Atmos both on AM and Tidal, still no trace of The Traveler yet, his first foray into surround/spatial audio (including a physical release, too!).

Last edited:
What a disappointment. I hope that future attempts will be mixed differently.
yes, shrill, tinny sounding and lacklustre use of Surround, very poor 😔

let's hope they collaborate on any further Atmos mixes with Steven Wilson, who has expressed a love of the Abba catalogue and would be bound to create far better mixes 🙏

Friday night, I did manage to listen to a new Bon Jovi song, in Atmos/Apple. As far as I know, it's the only song from new album dropped in Atmos. Any wagers about SDE doing a standalone BDA on this title?
I almost thought I’d have good news for you since I just saw a Japanese pre-order for a SHM-CD+Blu-ray edition, but nada, apparently:
Bon Jovi to release 16th album with two Japan only bonus tracks! Features the high-fidelity SHM-CD format. Comes with lyrics and a description. This edition comes with a bonus Blu-ray featuring comments on all the included songs by Jon Bon Jovi, behind the Scenes footage from the making of the album, and HD quality music videos: "Legendary," "Runaway," "Livin' On A Prayer," and "It's My Life."

Back